“Great food and southern hospitality!”
Review of Gus's Hotdog King - CLOSED

Gus's Hotdog King
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Mattoon, Illinois
“Great food and southern hospitality!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great dogs and friendly helpful staff. If you want a quick lunch, this is the place for you! A gem!! We love quirky, out of the way places, not your typical "chain" type restaurant and Gus's definitely fit this bill! The dogs are not huge, but you can get them dressed anyway you want. Couldnt decide between fries and onion rings, and our waitress said "well, we will just give you half and half, how bout that?" You cant get that kind of service at any "chain" burger joint! Would definitely go back if we are ever in Williamsburg again.

• Visited October 2012

Williamsburg, VA
“The price is right”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My gandson loves to go to Gus's because he likes the Giant Hot Dog he can hug! he also enjoys the hot dogs. Not me, because they are boiled, not grilled. No matter, I choose the bar-b-que which is very good so we are both happy!

Visited October 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“OK Little Place”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was just driving through Willamsburg, VA around lunch time and I thought I would stop and get a quick bite. Now you must know that I like hot dogs and when I say the sign for Gus's, I just had to try it. The staff was very nice and my order was quick. The place is older and not much to look at but clean. The hot dogs were good for the price. All in all what I expected for a quick lunch.

• Visited September 2012
Sanford, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Gus's is a family owned business in the middle of tourist row. We passed it several times during our visit and only stopped there to eat on our way out of Williamsburg.

Wish we had stopped on our first day there!

They have hot dogs, fries, a burger and a BBQ sandwich. Also the best hot dog chili I've had since leaving NY.

The condiment selection had almost anything you could want on a dog and the chili fries were super.

A small place, but well worth the stop.

Visited September 2012
Boston
“Yummy hot dogs”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We visited Gus' hot dog king for a quick lunch. The friendly waitress greeted us promptly and we ordered 3 hot dogs with cheese and chilly cheese fries. The food came out very quickly. The cheese and fries were very salty. The waitress got the order wrong. But overall experience was ok.