All reviews cafe provencal quiche williamsburg winery winery tour the gabriel archer tavern provence room european country complimentary tour champagne room furnished with antiques working fireplace wonderful weekend romantic getaway continental breakfast yogurt stayed longer jacuzzi tub
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I wanted a different type of place to stay for our 15th wedding anniversary and the Wedmore more then exceeded what we were looking for. Its a beautiful place, each room is decorated differently. The breakfast was amazing and so was the staff. They were more then friendly, always asking if there was anything we needed or if there was anything that they could do to make our stay better. We will be coming back for another stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was absolutely beautiful. The bed was comfortable, it was very clean and we loved the big bathroom. My 6 year old grandson, when he walked in.........he said "ooooo, Mamaw, this is fabulous. We took lots of pictures with the armor and even put the helmet on that was in our room. We will absolutely stay again.

Sincerely, Donna M. Brown

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Donna B
Reviewed June 29, 2013

What an amazing place! The rooms were full of character, we were even upgraded for our stay. Upon arrival we were treated to a glass of wine by the pool, which turned into a bottle. What a relaxing afternoon. Had dinner at the Café that evening and the food and service was absolutely top notch.

The next morning we had an amazing complimentary breakfast of quiche and croissants. After some exploring we went on the winery tour and tasting. The female tour guide (forgot her name!) was so engaged, knowledgeable and fun! The tastings were great and we went home with a few bottles as souvenirs.

Overall, an amazing one night stay...just wish we could have stayed longer, but we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChrisRN1020
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just recently stayed at The Wedmore Place and cannot stop talking about it! The staff were very accommodating. We stayed in the Champagne room the first night which was just so beautiful, just like the photo's but unfortunately I could not handle the air in the room due to the wood burning fireplace. Not sure when used last. Barbara the very next day without hesitation arranged another room (32) that was perfect for us. This was a business trip for hubby but a mini vacation for me. I read many reviews prior to booking and I can vouch for all of the great features this Place has to offer. Breakfast as they say was superb! The croissants were truly amazing .... so much so I could not resist having 2 on some days. Beds were very comfy and the sheets must be 800 count. Spotless room, felt like I went back in time European style, great library to sit in and relax with a book. Weather was perfect during my week so the pool was refreshing. If you stay at Wedmore Place....you must take the wine tour with Scott and eat at the Tavern. Would highly recommend The Wedmore Place to my family and friends and certainly stay here if I were to visit Williamsburg again.

Room Tip: Any room is special at The Wedmore Place. Pending at what time of year considered, the smell of wood burning fireplace might be uncomfortable for some.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nancy J
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We absolutely LOVED our visit. Staff was super friendly and accomodating. Room was exactly as it was pictured on the website. Winey tour was good and lunch at the on site Tavern was delicious....they make their own bread!! We will never stay anywhere else if we are in the Williamsburg area again! Pool was good too and the breakfast was yummy. Hats off to all that work here, excellent service, etc. Thanks for a great time !!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Scandanavia room and loved it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple