For starters, overall this entire property is absolutely beautiful and very well maintained. Lots of neat little touches are seen everywhere--- from the hallway decorations to the layouts of the room. Let's start with the amazing stuff:
1. Ryan on the front desk. Whatever it was we needed, he brought us-- from realizing we forgot toothpaste to fixing the television when we couldn't get the NFL playoff games tuned.
2. Leah in Cafe Provencal. We had a package that included dinner and she made our dinner feel so specialized and such a personal celebration of our wedding the night before and it was much appreciated. The food was absolutely delicious, perfect temperatures, and gloriously fresh.
3. The complimentary breakfasts had platter after platter of fresh fruit and berries. A wide selection of juices and yogurts, fresh breads and croissants, along with spectacular quiches. And coffee. Lots and lots of hot coffee!
4. (Not part of the hotel, per se, but it was part of our package) but Tom gave us a reserve wine tour at the winery and he was knowledgeable, friendly, and thorough in teaching us about wine. We learned a lot, expanded our palates, and had a really great time.
5. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Thick towels, fluffy robes, down bedding, and the quaintest wood floors and decorations. The bathroom was modern without seeming out of place with the room with a large 2 person bathtub/shower.
However, there were a few hiccups.
1. We arrived on Friday night (for our HONEYMOON, let me reiterate this, we had just gotten married ourselves) and immediately heard about the large wedding the hotel was having on Saturday. The "large wedding" became the theme of why things were or were not a certain way for the entire stay. I would have much preferred a little more personalized service. I think we heard about this large wedding in every setting we were in for the entire stay.
2. If you're an early to bed type- I'd recommend booking for a 2nd floor room. And to be kind to those of us who do go to bed before 10pm then please, STAY on the FIRST floor if you are a late to bed type. The first night the room above us wasn't occupied and we slept soundly. The following night the room above us was clearly having a party, and those quaint creaky wood floors immediately became a nightmare for us trying to sleep underneath that room. They stayed up until after 4am and then got back up at 7:30am which meant, unfortunately, we did too.
3. We stayed in room 11. I mention this because the water doesn't get hot enough for a bath. It is as if the dial isn't set properly on the wall as even on the hottest setting it still clearly had cold water coming in and you couldn't get the water to the proper temperature for a bath. We did mention this to the front desk clerk on checkout so hopefully they've looked at this by now.
4. Our couples massage. Again, not exactly part of the hotel but it was part of our package they sold us. One of the therapists was late, by almost 15 minutes, and our massage was cut short by 15 minutes. I wondered why we wouldn't have been extended until we walked out and saw that the next couple (part of the large wedding) were sitting and waiting.
5. Newspapers. There was only one for the whole hotel, left by the front desk at the coffee station. It wasn't like there is another place to buy a paper on the property so it just would have been nice to have been able to take the newspaper and work the puzzles like we enjoy in the morning.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Wedmore Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wedmore Place Williamsburg
- Super 8 Williamsburg