“A Trip To Tease Your Tastebuds”
Review of Wedmore Place

Wedmore Place
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Cedar Point, North Carolina
“A Trip To Tease Your Tastebuds”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I took my wife here during a weekend trip to Colonial Williamsburg and really loved the hotel. The staff are extremely courteous. We wanted to try the hotel's cafe for dinner, but we didn't make reservations and were on a tight schedule. As soon as we walked off of the elevator, we could smell the mouthwatering aroma of the food--we plan on making another trip just to try the food. The hotel owner offered a complimentary glass of wine while we walked around exploring the hotel. He and his wife are EXTREMELY friendly and helpful.

We were told when we arrived at the hotel that the croissants were flown in from France. I guess I'm a skeptical person and didn't think they would be that great--but they were. They had the freshest fruit available and delicious quiches for breakfast.

My wife and I loved this trip. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Any room will be amazing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Potomac, MD
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We recently spent a night at Wedmore Place and just driving in down the long road, surrounded by vineyards, we were instantly transported to something like out of a movie. You do NOT feel like you are in VA or any other commercial kind of place that you may be used to! You feel like you are driving up to a castle or a structure from another time and place - in a good way.

The lobby is charming and understated and almost old-fashioned - a refreshing change from the hustle and bustle of places you may have been before. We stayed in the Normandy room, which I highly recommend. The slanted ceilings and old-school style was elegant and clean. The bed was the most comfortable i've stayed in anywhere - including the linens and pillow!

The stay came with a free wine tasting for two at the Winery right on site and was a great way to start the weekend. Though I was surprised the last tasting on a Friday is at 4:30pm so beware to make it! I am surprised they end so early on a Friday night. At any rate, the woman running the tasting makes it so fun and interesting - she was great.

The room also comes with a continental breakfast - delicious coffee and fresh croissants. Only wish it was delivered to your room, but i can't complain since it was just a quick elevator ride down!

If i have one complaint it's that noise from the hall travels through to the room, like people in the early morning knocking or talking as they head to breakfast, but what can you do? The walls of this old building are probably thin. If you are a really light sleeper, maybe ask for a room at the end of the hall.

I highly recommend this inn and cannot wait to go back. It would be great for a special event or party, too. This is a hidden treasure!

Room Tip: Photos of each room are on the Wedmore website. All look great!
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent a weekend here for a wedding and it exceeded our expectations. We felt so welcome and relaxed it was like staying at the home of a good friend. The rooms are all unique and extremely comfortable. Our friends stayed in the big suite and even hosted a little cocktail party in the room. This place is truly a wonderful, luxurious getaway.

Room Tip: Every room we saw was just as they describe on their website. Stay away from the big suite if you c...
Mays Landing, New Jersey
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to spend an overnight at the Wedmore Place. We both thought it was wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and attentive.The room was great...very comfy bed.We can't say enough about our dinner at the Cafe Provencal. It was delicious and the service was excellent. My husband had the filet mignon dish and I had one of the evening specials which was rockfish. We would highly recommend either.
Unfortunately, due to our time restraints, we were unable to take advantage of the winery tour. It will give us the excuse to come back again for a longer stay!

1 Thank NLTC
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Super friendly people. Rooms were nice. Loved location. Really enjoyed our stay. The food was the best ever. The winery tour was amazing. We are new to drinking wine so it was informative to say the least. Our massages were so relaxing. The ladies were educational and we enjoyed the conversation with them.

• Stayed November 2012
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Every moment at the Wedmore Place was perfect. The rooms are very nice, each one being different. We were delighted with every aspect. The restaurant is first class, we had dinner there both nights, after the first evening we thought it would be foolish to go anywhere else. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, especially the croisants which are flown in from Paris frozen and then baked in their kitchen. I thought I was in Europe again. If you are planning a trip to this wonderful area of the country stay here, you will not find anywhere nicer or more reasonably priced for what they offer. It is convenient to Williamsburg and the staff at the reception desk are more than helpful giving written directions to anywhere you wish to go. If you are wanting a peaceful romantic few days together this is the place to be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had heard so many good things about this place, but when we checked in I started seeing things go slightly downhill. The desk clerk was very friendly and attentive, so no problem there. When we got to our room, it smelled heavily of wood burning fireplace. This smell just sort of hangs on you, and if anyone has allergies, this may be a problem (plus when you get home all of your luggage, clothes, etc. smell like that.) Then we noticed strands of hair on our bed. My husband didn't want me "making trouble" so he just plucked them off and washed his hands. This bothered me everytime I slept at night, though. Plus, the bed is VERY soft and we kind of rolled toward the middle all night. Then, we tried to get a fire in our room one night (since it already smelled like it) and they said they couldn't because it wasn't working right. The room itself was nicely furnished and clean (other than the hair) and the people were very friendly. You also must try the restaurant-it is the BEST! I just wish a few things had been different......

5 Thank c2nlilmom