Wedmore Place
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
Fort Magruder Hotel(Williamsburg)
Bassett Motel(Williamsburg)
View Hotel
All reviewscafe provencalquichewilliamsburg winerywinery tourthe gabriel archer taverneuropean countrycomplimentary tourchampagne roomwood burning fireplaceworking fireplacehardwood floorsromantic getawaycomfy bedyogurtcontinental breakfaststayed longerjacuzzi tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was my first time staying at the Wedmore Place however certainly not the last! Truly, the Staff could not have gone out of their way more to insure my stay was perfect!

I travel a lot, mostly to boutique inn's and must say that this is one of my favorites! I will be back for sure and I know welcomed by name at this must stay Inn/Hotel. Truly Beautiful!

Wedmore Place, Thank you! :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The facility and our room were spectacular. We were very comfortable and enjoyed the package, but one of the reasons we like B&B's is for the personalized recommendations on other things to see and do while in town. When we asked for restaurant recommendations we were handed a 3-ring binder of fliers that was terribly disorganized and lacked any information other than the sales pitch from the restaurants themselves. The young man at the desk didn't know anything about our package (weekday getaway) or how to provide the tickets to Williamsburg that were part of it. There was no guidance on how to get to places we wanted to visit. This was more like staying in a very nice hotel without a concierge than the personal touches we expected from staying at a B&B. The employees at the winery were more helpful than the B&B staff. It seems like the owners put all of their investment and interest into the physical structure and nothing into the operational side of the business.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gary L
Reviewed July 23, 2011

A great place to spend our 3 year anniversary! Everyone was super friendly and the food was AMAZING =) Also, the beds were so comfy, it felt like you were sleeping on a cloud. I can't say enough about this wonderful inn!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We actually booked via Snique Away. The prices were great and honestly the accommodations were acceptable. However, we were virtually almost the only people there. I tend to be a social person and that is the reason why I so enjoy B&Bs and Inns. However, we seemed to be just about the only people there except for the staff and if you are looking for privacy, this would be the place. Staff was very gracious and accommodating and breakfast was exceptional, especally with the hostess who was extremely gracious. Dinner at the restaurant was also good, but again this Inn appears geared for those who are truly at a more senior age than my husband and myself and we are not young, only kids at heart.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We will definitely be back! Barbara at the front desk set the most welcoming tone for the week! The staff that followed could not have been friendlier. Julie always had our room just perfect! Each morning began with a nice long walk through the vineyards and surrounding neighborhoods. We enjoyed the warm, delicious breakfast (loved the young girl who greeted us!) as much as the scrumptious luncheons at the Tavern and cheese plates by the pool! Oh, and of course we loved the wine! Flying the little Cessna down from Ohio, I was worried that we would have to leave our baggage behind in order to make weight taking all of the purchased wine home to share!
Thank you for making our short get-a-way so relaxing and enjoyable! We could not have asked for more- Good friends, good wine, sunshine and lots of laughter! It was a much needed mini vacation!
Fondly, Lori and Kent
Next time I hope to use the Spa for a possible massage and pedicure!

Room Tip: Each room is unique in its own way!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple