“Its ALL about Candles”

Yankee Candle Company
Ranked #1 of 45 Shopping in Williamsburg
Reviewed October 26, 2012

So I'm a guy, and I'm not particularly into candles, I mean hey, they are for lighting things and that's about it, right ?

Well, the Yankee Candle store in Williamsburg is almost more of an event than a shopping store. There things for kids to do, there is like an indoor plaza area with a mini automated show, theme rooms with overhead trains.... its like not what you would expect from a candle store. Its also relative huge compared to the candle stores in the malls and such, think more football field of candles.

They have other stuff, but its the array of candles that is just not able to be imagined until you go in. Assuming you are the type that does appreciate candles (as I said, I'm not necessarily) then they are pricey, but the assortment, sized, scents, etc. are seemingly unmatched.

Bottom line, go in just to visit if you have no interest in candles, its like a free mini park.... just without the rides :-)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and her mom are big Yankee Candle fans, so they had to stop by the Williamsburg store. Although they reported that it's not quite as impressive as the Deerfield, Massachusetts location, they did enjoy walking through the different rooms and browsing through the home decor items. They said that the candle dipping station and the Christmas room with its "snow" looked like a fun spot for kids. The store also features a discount room where you can get some good deals on multiple candle packs.

1  Thank Jason22030
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I love going to the Christmas shop at Yankee Candle Company. Looking for special ornaments to have personalized is always a treat. I can always find unique gifts.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

When I told my kids we were going to a candle store on our vacation they were not too thrilled. I told them they were going to love this place and sure enough they had a blast and asked to go back before our trip was over. Beautifully decorated, "snow" to play in, treats to eat, neat clock tower show, and toys galore. Good time and worth the trip. If you are looking for a candle to purchase, they have plenty and they smell great but are way overpriced.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a must for any Yankee Candle fan. There are several themed Yankee stores inside including a Holiday Park complete with a bridge under the stars, and snow falling. Plan to spend 1-2 hours. Time flies as you shop!