Howard Johnson Inn Williamsburg
Average 3/5
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
Very Good 4/5
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Williamsburg)
Good 3.5/5
Clarion Hotel(Williamsburg)
Good 3.5/5
Motel 6 Williamsburg(Williamsburg)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2012

WOW !!! I do not know where to start....My wife and I wanted a hotel for just 2 nights to do some shopping around Williamsburg. The man that checked us in was indifferent to my questions not answering any. THE ROOM 128, smell, water stains all over the ceiling, used Q-tips in the drawers, many stains on carpet, heater VERY loud, mold on bathroom ceiling. It was for only 2 nights so we wanted to stick it out, but early the next morning my wife found a bedbug at her feet, I pulled the sheets off and found a small hole in mattress that they were coming out of. We packed up and checked out and the man at the desk was very helpful and told us they got rid of the bedbugs on the 3rd floor but this is the first time they were found on the first floor. We only found 3 bedbugs but still had to go straight home an wash everything, and our suitcase will stay outside for weeks.

Room Tip: Pay more somewhere else, relax more.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank steelers4326
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife choose this hotel mainly for the price, pool and breakfast.

The room itself is average, having a smaller than average TV but therefore boasting a fridge. The beds harder than what I was used to from motels.

The included breakfast was a joke. As previous reviewers remarked, it consists of: Kellogs Raisin Bran or Kellogs Frosted flakes, white toast bread and muffins. They have coffee and also offer apple or orange juice.

I've been in countless motels in the past, a few worse but many better than this one. Although it's not the worst, it remains below par.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank objectmaster
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I rented three rooms for one night (yesterday) and here are my thoughts on this Hotel. I got a great price for 39.99 each room for the night. I was a little leery because of the bad reviews on here. No, it's not the Ritz Carlton but for 40 bucks we got a clean room, clean sheets, bed linens, clean towels and clean overall room. Yes, ths hotel needs some serious renovations. It is outdated and needs remodeling. But....for the amount of time we spent there, it was fine. It was quiet in the hallways and the bed was really firm and the big oversized pillows comfortable. The bathroom was very clean but outdated. So that is what I feel about the hotel itself.

Now the staff...very indifferent. Not rude, not warm either. When I got my rooms, I was given 306, 308 and 310. I was thankful for rooms together. When we got upstairs, 308 and 310 were fine....306 was being renovated.....we went down to get another room.....never got an I'm sorry for our mistake, we were just given the keys for room 304. Room 304 was also being renovated. so my son-in-law goes back down and they said they had no way of knowing what rooms were being renovated (??? no way???) and told him they didn't have anything close by. After persisting, he was given keys to room 309 (across this hall). This was acceptable, but again, no sorries, no anything.

Husband went down to breakfast said it was just bread and a toaster and cereal. We ended up eating at cracker barrell.

The parking lot is very small, luckily the hotel wasn't filled up.

So in summary - the rooms were not dirty, just a bit old with need of repair. Staff - not interested in customer service obviously and perhaps could use some training in that area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ollymo
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I booked this trip to Virginia to attend Top Gun. It was a last minute hotel booking through Hotel Planner and the rate was good/cheap. I was not able to rent a car so we caught a cab from Newport News for $49 and arrived at 945am. Upon check-in, we were greeted with a firm, no-check-in policy until 3pm. I was in shock. Never in my life was I ever told there was no check in until way later. I even offered to pay for another day. The guy at the front desk said the maids needed to clean the rooms. My son and I had to find things to do in almost 100 degree, extremely humid weather, no car, didn't know cost of bus or routes. Front desk did not have much info on anything, except to offer us a Williamsburg magazine with maps. We just arrived from Hawaii after a 16 hour flight with hardly any sleep. After check in, we were getting situated in our room and my son got locked in the bathroom, door knob broke. I had to use Do Not Disturb card to get him out. Our room was not cleaned the first day and only the trash and towels were changed thereafter. The pool was not open until day 3 of our stay. They ran out of quarters for washing laundry and asked me to go to McDonalds for change. The door knob was finally repaired on our last night there. The best part of the stay was the proximity to Warhill Sports complex. All in all, I was glad my husband did not come with us because there was some other guests being yelled at for taking hotel towels out and threatened to be charged and it wasn't a pretty sight.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank resikobi
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights recently. I usually seek out reviews for hotels but was incredibly busy when we were planning this trip and let my husband handle the accommodations. I've learned that one of us better read some reviews before we make a reservation.

I did not get the sense that anyone here was interested in extending customer service. The building is definitely in need of renovations but I would say that the staff seemed indifferent. No one was outright rude but they didn't seem to care about being friendly or helpful either. We were initially placed in a smoking room by mistake. Not only did it reek of cigarette smoke, but it was overall very dingy and whatever was used to try to mask the cigarettes was putrid-smelling. When we switched to a non-smoking room, it was definitely cleaner and more pleasant but it still showed signs of aging. The whirlpool did not work in our room much to our dismay. Also, it did not seem that anything was done to clean the room; the beds were made daily and towels were provided but it did not appear to be any cleaner. Used cups that we left out were still sitting on the vanity. I have had things thrown out by maid staff in the past that I did not intend to throw away so if I think it might be, I tend to put an item in a drawer. That was definitely not a concern here.
Like others have said, I was disappointed in the continental breakfast. I understand that contintental breakfast does not include bacon, eggs, etc., but I expected more. There were no bagels or options or bread for toast. There was only white bread. There were the same type of danishes and muffins and cereals daily (Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran). I can eat Raisin Bran and will on occasion at home but I don't usually eat it every day. Once again, more variety would have been nice.
This location is not far from Busch Gardens, Water Country and Colonial Williamsburg which was the whole point of the trip. That would be the best thing that we liked abou the hotel. There are better hotel choices on Richmond Road as it least one reviewer has stated. I did not like the shabby state of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family