“DO NOT STAY HERE!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
augusta, maine
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

We just needed a place for one night. When we went to our room we noticed the back door was filthy, trash was overflowing, hallway carpets hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The room smelled like a giant cat box. Our son wanted to stay to use the pool, the lights were off, and the front desk girl (who was the only one there) didn't know how to turn them on. The jetted tub was broken, the chairs were stained. I was just going to sleep in my clothes and find a better hotel the next day when I saw a brown worm crawling on the bed. We packed up and went somewhere else. I didn't even care about the money! Gross! This was by far the worst hotel experience ever!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank bnst98

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

The room had obvious water damage. My room mate and I were literally run out of the room by cockroaches! The whole place is showing its age and lack of maintenance.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Wheelera
Blackwood, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

I stayed at this hotel last October to visit Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream. I caught a deal and saved myself a good $100 off what they normally charge. I was a little apprehensive because of the reviews but found my stay pleasurable. Check in was a breeze, the staff was friendly enough. Found a mini fridge in the room (which I wasn't aware of). The safe wouldn't lock but maintenance came IMMEDIATELY and corrected the problem. I stayed during an off-peak time so the hotel was basically empty. The pool was heated which was FANTASTIC because it was cold and rainy the entire trip. There is also a sauna in the fitness room which was also a big perk. There was nothing special about the room as far as decor but the bed was comfy, the room was clean and everything worked. Staff had no problem dropping off extra towels whenever requested. My biggest complaint was the "free wifi" did not work once during the trip. The staff only said that due to the weather it was not going to work our entire trip. Luckily there is a McDonalds in the same parking lot with free wifi. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you don't have ridiculous high standards.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ac87
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

checked in pretty late was tired, walked into room, smelled like a cat had sprayed the entire room..chairs were on bed and pillows were filthy.. requested a new room.. water was on floor by the air condtioneer, reported this..next moring water had spread and toilet came to the top. Went to tell front desk and was given a plunger!!! Housekeeping was in room when I returned ,so asked the guy if he would check out the toilet.. He said it was ok...I later went to bathroom and handle on toilet was broke..and it could not be flushed.. asked front desk for help and was told noone from maintance was there on a weekend...noticed that the workers at the motel was feeding the cats in the parking lot..I had planned on staying a week there but ended up moving on the 2nd day.. Housekeeping did make up my bed, but left 2nd bed alone, and I had sat on it and it was wrinkled, but they did not straighten it.. emptied ashtray, but did not wipe it out..room wAS dusty, and not dusted...in morning went down for coffee in breakfast room,and tables were filthy...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank phygo
Irvine, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

This place is a dump with poor service. No bell service available. They do let you use their luggage carts, however, if someone else isn't already using it. They have cribs, but the crib was provided at front desk and we were instructed to haul it up to the room ourselves. The room was is poor condition. Baseboards were warped off the wall. The A/C was too weak to keep room the cool. The bathroom sink was clogged. The bathtub was broken. The cap on the sink faucet popped off. The toilet seat was busted. The room had a safe, but it was locked when we got there. The bedding had holes worn in it. The hallway and room smelled peculiar. We saw a rat scurrying across the parking lot when we were checking out. It was disgusting. A decent location and a cheap price, but by cheap, I only mean it was $20 a night cheaper than the luxury 5-star hotel we stayed at in DC the next night. I should have read these reviews and gone elsewhere, but it was a last-second decision and I didn't go online to check. My bad.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank MJWalsh
Winchester, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

Had trouble @ check-in. Finally issued first room only to discover toilet had a bowel movement deposit and needed to be flushed. After flushing the toilet it would not stop running. No working bathroom vent fan. I then had to question if the jets were properly cleaned on the jacuzzi and if the bed had fresh linens. All the windows thru-out the building were very very dirty and one exit door was blocked with debris. The second room we were issued had a leaking jacuzzi which soaked the carpet in the room. With no fan to vent the moisture out. We had to wipe off the vanity and tv remote nightstands, etc.... ourselves which left the towel blacken with dirt. Had we not been booked there on a non-refundable reservation we would have moved to a cleaner hotel. This hotel is listed as a three-star hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1labrat
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

We got lost and we arrived at the hotel at around midnight. Obviously we were exausted and ready to go to sleep. Once we got there, it smelled like rotten eggs, chlorine and gosh knows what else. The check in process took much longer than it should have taken. We were the only ones that were there and it took almost 30 minutes to get into our room! Finally we got to our room and then once we layed down on the bed, it was so hard that a rock would have felt better than these beds. We tried to go to another hotel but were not able to since all the hotels around this area were booked. NEVER WILL WE GO TO THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!

Stayed August 2008, traveled with family