“Name says it all”

Ranked #60 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Name says it all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

When I made reservations at a place called Budget Inn for $35 a night, I wasn't expecting the Waldorf Astoria. Upon checking in, it was pretty much how I thought it would be. It's an older roadside motel type place. Very worn in and a bit musty however the staff apparently keeps it clean.

Very convenient to the attractions in the area and cheap. The wifi was extremely quick and the staff was friendly. Would I want an extended stay here? No. For an overnight place to crash after a long day at Busch Gardens it was good enough.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mccutheon

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel was amazingly comfortable and clean for the price. The owners and staff were very friendly and very accommodating to all requests. This hotel far surpassed my expectations and was only minuets from colonial Williamsburg.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank David H
christiansburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I choose this motel because it was affordable and had several good reviews, well I didn't feel the same. My daughter pulled in about 4:30 to check in, the room wasn't ready. They said give us five minutes. So when they gave us the keys we went in and the room smelled of a combo of bo and the spray they had used to try to cover it up. I went to the office and the cleaning girl was in the office as well and said she had tried to cover up the smell by spraying......needless to say it didn't! We were given another room (non-smoking) and before I could get in the door the smell of smoke knocked me down. Needless to say we requested a refund (which I am still waiting on from hotels.com 2 weeks later), and found another place which served breakfast. I spent the same on a much nicer room with breakfast and the cost was probably the same since the breakfast was included!

Room Tip: Do not book at this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank linkousclan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there from July 4-7, we liked that the room was clean, although a little cramped. Bathroom was clean too. The location was good, but we didn't like it being so close to the road. Felt a little unsafe. And then there was the pool. My son asked me to take a dip, and as soon as we got in, we wanted to come out quickly. It was so dirty! All kids of insects were floating there, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. We never came back. Overall, it's an okay place to stay as long as you don't go to the pool.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Myra T
Millstone, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Needed a place to stay for a nite without spending too much. Yes, the room was small, but very neat, clean and for the money, more than expected. Pancake house next door was good too! This place was a good find and I will stay there again when I come back to Williamsburg.
If your not looking for fancy, but want a decent place to stay for the nite this place will suite your need, even has wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MrMikeBasspro
Elkton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

After a 4 hour drive and being treated rudely at our first hotel, we stopped here. The owner could have been nicer, after bout 20 mins we went tour room her personally walked down extra towels for us so we would not have to ask later. He recommended to us a nice restaurant a few miles away. Upon check out, (we were down for a basketball game) he wished my daughter team good luck but the home team was not much of a challenge to them. We will definitely be come back to this motel.

Room Tip: If traveling with a Handicapped person always call and ask what kind of accessible rooms they have.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BubbaGras
Apex, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

If u do not feel like saying hi to the counter person, taking an elevator, walking, opening your room, get changed and go down to the elevator to get to the pool, this is a perfect place for you. Here, u drive/park, go to the bathroom, get out and jump in the pool in less than 5 minutes.

It was not a good place for us because the room is very very tight for a family.

The pool is 8 feet. So lov it.

Shampoo/conditioner is like opening mustard or ketchup. (plastic wrap) TOO CHEAP. Coffee is super horrible.

Sorry, my opinion.