This hotel was cost effective and generally acceptable.
We found more expensive hotels which include breakfast were competitive (6 breakfasts adds up!).
The hotel does a land-rush business. Check-in was smooth, and felt like an airport kiosk.
There was some confusion (resolved quickly) about our arrival date and agreed price. The lady from Poland? (most summer service staff is from "Work and Travel" a program to fly English speaking former Eastern Bloc workers here for the summer with a few weeks of time for vacation and superior pay. Someone found a gold mine...) was pleasant and genuinely interested in our concerns.
We were told to look for luggage carts on the hotel floors since they were in high demand. (that worked quickly).
Our room, though dark was clean, capacious and satisfactory.
- The negatives -
1) Breakfast was not included, but several chains thrive nearby, including Dunkin Donuts (full of Russian students)
The front desk lady did go well out of her way to get me a free cup of coffee - NOT an offered service.!
2) The entrance area to the gym and pool smelled strongly of chlorine (yes it could have been something worse) but enough that our troupe lost interest and did not swim!)
Checkout is at 10AM (this is a high volume tourist area).
We knew this.
At 9 AM - I was shocked, surprised, and angered when the Asian Indian cleaning girl opened the door, stood there with one of our number still resting in the pullout, and asked When do we plan to check-out? Did we know that check-out is at 10AM?
The front desk apologized (but what are they going to do after
So - a word to the wise - bolt and lock your door , and don't open it to the cleaning help? - this cleaning
person has no tact or manners. Paying customers are just
garbage to be swept out with the trash. Amazingly poor conduct.
Thankfully the door had a hydraulic closure (probably from established need) so that I didn't slam it on her.
Because of this one staff member, I cannot recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Williamsburg Vacation Begins Here! Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.Welcome to the Holiday Inn & Suites Gateway a new full service hotel. You ll find comfort and modern luxury at the most convenient location in Williamsburg. Contemporary hospitality and Williamsburg excitement are waiting for you. Your Personal SpaceRelax in your elegant room featuring stylish dÃ©cor and amenities, including a microwave, refrigerator, wired and wireless high-speed Internet access, dry bar, executive desk, HDTV, and the best night s sleep you ve had in weeks. Our new hotel offers a great combination of rooms and suites featuring our unique one and two bedroom suites. We have a heated indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness center all for your enjoyment. Bistro 515, our on-site restaurant, offers the best in casual dining. Ideal Williamsburg Location Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Gateway is located off Interstate-64 exit 238 only minutes from Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Prime Outlets, Jamestown and Yorktown. We are also conveniently located for the following: the College of William & Mary, Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, and Delta-T. This is a 100% smoke free hotel - all guestrooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway
- Holiday Inn Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Holiday Inn