“awesome room and location”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hotel was in a great location with respect to Colonial Williamsburg and we had a big beautiful suite. Outside pool and deck for laying out and relaxing was nice too. Reward members got coupon for free app in restaurant and personal note from Manager. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank clayandkelly
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear clayandkelly,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for telling us about your suite. We hope that you and your family enjoyed your time in Williamsburg. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Returned to Williamsburg for a romantic anniversary weekend and stayed at the Holiday Inn on Bypass Road again. As usual our king room suite was perfect! Flat screen tv's in both the sitting area and the bedroom, lovely bathroom with Bath & Body Works soaps, shampoo and lotion. We enjoyed a drink in the restaurant--service was great. This Holiday Inn is close to the historic area, shopping and many fine restaurants and attractions--we will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the 2nd floor or higher and not near the ice room or elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Labassist

Dear Labassit,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope that you enjoyed your romantic weekend. We are so glad that you enjoyed the amenities that we have to offer. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I returned to this hotel (1st visit in December) and again had a wonderful time. Jan greeted me with a "Welcome Home" after only staying one time. It was very nice. I had others in my party so she upgraded me to a suite which was wonderful since one of those was a child. He had his own room and so did we.

Ate one night in the restaurant and the food was wonderful and cooked to perfection. My family had a wonderful time and it is so close to all the attractions.

I will be coming back to visit again soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn S
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Lynn S,
Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate your return visit to the hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Sincerelyi
Holiday Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Unfortunately I cannot write such a positive review as many have. I booked this hotel based on all of the raves and positive feedbacks on TripAdvisor but unfortunately I did not have the same experience. The hotel is definitely in a great location, no questions about that. The room was spacious and reasonable clean (I'll get to that in a minute) and the bed/pillows were quite comfortable. Now, the reason I cannot give it a great review is because unfortunately when I walked into the bathroom upon arriving into my room, I found a very live and walking roach. I discarded it, was grossed out but carried on. About ten minutes later I found another one walking around the closet mirrors. At this point I was very concerned about where to place my bags as there was NO way I was bringing roaches home with me. The next day I noticed that inside the clear plastic guards which are placed around the corners of all walls were filled with dead bugs also. I was beyond disgusted. Again - the room was fine, the hotel was clean, the location was perfect but I just couldn't get past the bugs. I've stayed at many hotels, motels, you name it and have never, ever been so grossed out by something such as finding roaches. I'm sorry Holiday Inn but this is something that you must address and take care of.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank neoprz
GM515, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Neoprz,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. I also thank you for choosing our property. I am sorry that we did not provide you the experience you had expected. Pests are something we take very seriously at the property. We preventively treat all insects through a professional maintenance program as well as address any issue or concern immediately. Would you please contact me at your soonest convenience? I have traced back through all of our communication logs and have not found any concerns regarding your shared experience. I wanted to reach out and let you know that you are in my best interest. If you could share the details of your reservation, such as your room number and more specific details, it will help us to pinpoint your concerns and make sure that all has been remedied. I would also like to offer you redemption as it is unacceptable that you had experience these problems. I look forward to hearing for you soon. Our sincerest apologies from the team, and we hope we have not lost you as a patron of our hotel.

Yours in Hospitality,

Geoff Scheibel
gscheibel@hmphotels.com
757 229 9990

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed June 25 to 30. First time. Much thanks to the front desk staff Dedria. From reservation to breakfast, from room service to daily activities. She was simply wonderful!! We had the best time! Our kids want to go back for their birthday next month. See you soon Dedria!
The Hanna family

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mark H
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Mark H,,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We appreciate your comments about Dedria. We will make sure we pass this feedback on to her. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We found a coupon in a hotel magazine at a welcome center. We stopped in to see if they had a room. We asked for a room with a king sized bed. The room was large, clean, stylish, comfortable and had a large HD TV. It had a large walk in shower with sliding doors. The hotel also has an indoor pool, spa and gym. We didn't eat in the restaurant. The lobby was very pretty. All of the staff we saw were very friendly. I plan to stay there again later this year.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank juliharris

Dear juliharris,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that you chose us. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Willamsburg Historic Gateway

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had an excellent studio room with two TV's and lots of space. The King bed was so comfortable and everything about the room exuded class. The restaurant staff was friendly and helpful and the food was good. The hotel is close to Colonial Williamsburg and conveniently located on a main road of the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GritsIowa

Dear GritsIowa,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your stay in the area. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. They appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Holiday Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway