“Staff treated us like part of their family”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had guests from 6 states visiting for the weekend for a wedding. Everyone from General Manager to Head Chef to desk clerks and bartenders treated us like we were their favorite relatives. They created a first of its kind reception on the patio between the Bistro and pool. The cleanliness of this hotel is top notch and convenient access to highway as well as shopping make it a first pick.

1  Thank Bill B
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Bill,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are so glad that we could be apart of this special time. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just had an excellent stay at this Holiday Inn property. Very clean, good room, nice pool. Overall excellent service, except Breakfast a bit messy, everybody a bit stressed out without a clear reason. Williamsburg excellent for the kids as expected.

1  Thank LucianoSi
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear LucianoSi,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We hope you and your family enjoyed your stay in Williamsburg. We will pass all of your great comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing about their service. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were looking for a place for our family of 4 to stay while we toured Williamsburg. Everyone we interacted with was extremely friendly; this is something I feel is becoming more and more rare in the travel industry. The front desk staff always greeted us. The folks who worked at the restaurant were very accommodating and really reached out to our children, ages 4 and 6, asking their names and treating them like little people instead of children. The staff never let you just wander around looking for something; they stopped to ask if you needed help or assistance. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a nice indoor pool. The kids eat free at the restaurant! We had a fantastic experience and would stay here again!

3  Thank ACIvester

Dear AClvester,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

It has been quite a few years since we have stayed at Holiday Inns, however, it is very obvious that the corporation is working very hard to compete with similiar chains that offer an affordable stay without short changing the customer with ammenites (free wireless and breakfast). Kudos to you, Holiday Inn. We are just finishing up our three day stay in Williamsburg at the Holiday Inn Gateway. What sets this particular hotel apart is the STAFF! Everyone helps you to feel welcome right off the get-go, with Jan at the font desk greating you with her effervescent personality and love and knowledge for the city...add to that Sean, the chef, who will go leaps and bounds to extend himself to you and his services. The kitchen servers, Mary and Anne, who step over themselves to ''get it right''..and Geof, the manager, the consummate professional. To top it off, you have a fabulous bar staff.... including, Berk, who is doing his internship from Turkey...great guy who has quite a career ahead of him! Our three day stay at the Holday Inn Gateway left us renewed, refreshed and loving the city of Williamsburg. Rest assured, we will be back for a future visit to this beautiful city and certainly another stay at Williamsburg's best kept secret....The Holiday Inn Gateway!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank momof3spartans

Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Williamsburg. Thank you for mentioning all of our great staff. We will make sure that we pass this feedback on to them. They always enjoy hearing about their service. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I work for a travel business and travel Monday to Friday every week. Two nights from Monday to Wednesday and two other nights from Wednesday to Friday. My booking agency called me and told me I was booked at the Holiday Inn. I used to like Holiday Inns but now they're not as nice any more, and the new logo is terrible. When I got there I checked in and went up to my room. The room was clean and nice smelling. The only thing was that there was a wasp flying around in the bathroom, and I absolutely HATE wasps. I called the front desk and told them about it. The staff told me to stay out of my room for a little while until they could catch the darn thing. It didn't take them long to kill it. But still that didn't stop me. I went to work the next day, which was taking place in the hotel's meeting room. They discussed about how there are possible ways to fix the economy. The meeting room was very nice and smelled very clean. There were doughnuts, bagels, and coffee that the hotel set up for us, so I got myself a doughnut and a cup of coffee. The meeting lasted 2 hours, but it went well. When it was done, I went to the bistro. I ordered a glass of California Wine and some steak. The wine was persistently right and the steak was VERY good. I decided I was a bit bored, and went to the pool and swam for an hour. I went back up to my room and took a shower and relaxed for a bit. I was very satisfied.

I was sure breakfast was going to be as delicious as dinner. I got the breakfast buffet since I had 30 minutes to eat. I got myself a cinnamon bun and a bagel with cream cheese. The only thing was that the bagel was a tiny bit stale, which I thought was strange.

The last day I checked out, I told them I had a very good stay. But they should probably check the freshness of the bagels. Overall, this is a very good hotel. Good for both leisure and business.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no bugs flying around and avoid the bagels.
Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Aaron B
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Aaron B,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review of your stay. We really value all of our business travelers. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass your feedback on to our staff. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

;Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Williamsburg Historic Gateway

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have to start out by saying that when I needed help with a flat tire, the hotel staff kicked into action and helped me. Shawn and two other men were reassurring and got me on the road again. I couldnt thank them enough. Thank you!
The rooms are big and clean. My girls loved the pool. We had room service for breakfast and it was delicious. We were close to other restaurants and stores. The visitors center for williamsburg is close by and easy to find. Just a short drive to Yorktown.

Room Tip: The suites were great for our family of five!
2  Thank Susan E

Dear Susan E,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback. We are so glad that we could help you with you flat tire. We value all of our guests. We do what we can to make their visit great!.. We hope you and your family enjoyed your time in Williamsburg. Thank your for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is very nice and even more conveniently located to historic Williamsburg. Rooms are specious and nicely appointed. While the gym was very small with very few items of equipment, we had no real complaints and would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CSR_NJ

Dear CSR-NJ,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your time in Williamsburg. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the gym. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We value all guest feedback because it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.