Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway
Hotels.com
$189
$179
Autograph
Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$90
$199
Official Website
$80
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$75
$72
Hotels.com
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott
$99
$459
Official Website
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
$209
1,257 results
All reviewskids eat freefront deskupgraded to a suitebreakfast buffetbusch gardensbypass roadpool and hot tubthe general managerwould definitely stay here againtwo queen bedssitting roomrooms were very cleanwilliam and maryspring breakhousekeeping stafffitness centerminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is our go to hotel for the area. The pool is always great for the kids after a full day of walking around. We stayed in a double room this time which was neat and clean as usual. The staff was friendly and helpful. We try to get a suite when we stay but they were all full this visit. The beds are very soft however, but no one else in the family seems to notice.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room facing the front have no view at all unless you're interested in vents and roofing materials.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin Y
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Robin Y,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass all of your comments on to the staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My visit to this hotel was a complete surprise as I made the reservation at the VERY last minute (from a rest stop 30 min away). The person I spoke with, Jan, could not have been nicer. She made my reservations and I arrived without a hitch. The next morning I realized that I forgot my key to turn my oxygen tank on and the front desk manager called his engineer, Norm, (I needed a cresent wrench). He was not on the property but when he heard that it was a guest requiring assistance with oxygen he came right over to the property. We had a pleasant chat and Norm even went to my room to retrieve my oxygen tubing and then carried two more tanks to my room for me for the night. He even left a note on my desk in the room saying for me to keep his wrench for the remainder of my trip (even though I was going home on Sunday). Such a wonderful man.

When I went to the restaurant on Sat. evening it was pretty busy but the chef and staff attended to my needs as if I were the only guest there. Chef even brought my food out to me to the table. The chef came out when I had left and I was standing at the front desk (going to introduce myself to Jan) and apologized for the wait. I told him I was fine and enjoyed the meal and also understood as my son is a sous chef.

The staff could not have been more attentive to my needs. They also attended to all the other guests just as they did me. I will definitely return to this hotel and I so enjoyed my visit.

Room Tip: Always enter the room with a smile, it will be returned
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lynn S

Dear Lynn s,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are so glad that we could accommodate your needs while you were at the hotel. We always try to do what we can to make you stay enjoyable. Thank you for your sharing your experience with us. We will pass these comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a great hotel for a family trip to Williamsburg or even a business trip. The hotel is very well located, close to restaurants, shopping (outlet mall) and not too far from Bush Gardens. Downtown is just a short drive away, so you are close to pretty much everything in the area.

The room is very nice and has a microwave and small refrigerator. That was a nice surprise and helped make our stay even more enjoyable with our toddler.

It was clear to me that the General Manager is creating a culture of a customer service centric organization. There were a few hiccups during our stay (housekeeping, broken weight lifting equipment, etc), but the staff was ready to address the ones they could with a good attitude.

When booking the hotel I thought my rate included the breakfast (per conversations with the reservation desk). I called the front desk to confirm and found out it did not. Later on I received a call back from the front desk offering free breakfast vouchers for the first morning. That was a great surprise and exemplifies what I stated earlier.

The breakfast was nice, a bit chaotic (they can get really busy), but enough options for most tastes. It was a disappointment that it was not included for the course of our stay. Something that the management team should consider to make this a complete experience.

As a matter of fact, if this is something that is important to you, there are a few other options just across the street that look pretty nice and include breakfast. I may give them a try on future stays...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cgomide

Dear cgomide,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for telling us about your concerns about the breakfast. We are always trying to find better ways to make this service better. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 2 night get-away. We were very impressed with the quality and size of our suite. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was nice and quiet-just what we needed after the busy holidays. It was the perfect romantic getaway and all of the staff were very professional, friendly and attentive.

The best part was the unexpected, excellent gluten free accommodations by chef Shaun Miller at the Holiday Inn restaurant, Bistro 515. He truly went out of his way to meet our dietary needs. I have celiac disease which greatly limits what I can eat. Chef Shaun made it his personal mission to meet my needs. His entrees were delicious and the presentation was beautiful. He is truly a master chef and Bistro 515 is so fortunate to have him. My husband was equally impressed with the taste and quality as he also ordered gluten free so that we could share food. Chef Shaun even made us some gluten free cream of broccoli soup from scratch (not on the menu) and surprised us with an amazingly fresh kiwi/strawberry sorbet (also not on the menu) that he magically whipped up in the kitchen.
For breakfast, we ordered breakfast in bed. Shaun personally handled our order to ensure no gluten cross-contamination and then called our room to make sure we were pleased.
It is difficult to travel with celiac disease, which is why we chose Williamsburg for our getaway, as Williamsburg has many excellent restaurants with gluten free options- our biggest surprise,however, was that we never had to leave our hotel...all of our dietary needs were superbly met. They even gave us a late check-out so that we didn't have to rush off after breakfast.
We will be back...maybe next time with the kids :)

Room Tip: Ask for a king suite on the 5th floor- extremely quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenGlenAllen

Dear JenGlenAllen,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Bistro Chef. We strive to exceed all of our guests expecatations. We are so glad that we could accommodate your special diet. We will pass these great comments on to our staff. They will appreciate hearing such great comments. We hope you enjoyed your time in Williamsburg. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wiliamsburg Historic Gateway

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed for 1 night at the hotel during a visit to Williamsburg. Nice hotel, clean. Large rooms with comfortable beds. Easy drive (3 minutes) to the Williamsburg site. Free parking. No breakfast which would have been nice but not necessary. Good price, would absoutely stay here rather than one of the Williamsburg hotels. On the main road, close to many restaurants (you do need to drive as it is a very busy street).
Gym was disappointing. Very small, 2 treadmills and little weight equipment. Didn't use the pool but it looked great.
Restaurant on site but we did not eat there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane B
HMPHotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear travel7777,

Thank you for telling us about yoru stay with us. We are so glad that you stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the gym. We value guest feedback because, it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.