“A very comfortable stay in Williamsburg”

Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed August 11, 2007

My husband and I just returned from our one night stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites. We were very pleased with the comfort we experienced for the money.

Pros...
-Cleanliness was definitely a plus! Everything looked and smelled clean, which was a nice change since so many places are run down and musty.

-Room! We had a King Studio Suite and loved the size. The comfort was like no other we have stayed at recently. The bed, as many other posters have already mentioned, was SO comfortable we hit snooze FIVE times to avoid having to get up. The room featured a nice vanity area separate from the tub/toilet which was nice. Also, the wet bar, fridge, and microwave really came in handy.

-Tech availability was great! Between wireless in the lounge and hard wired in the rooms, it was very convenient for our laptop. The business center looked to be a great perk for those who did not bring their own.

-Breakfast was simple and convenient, but if you're looking for an elaborate spread, go out to one of the many local establishments.

Con:

-Walls to the outside hall were a wee bit thin and we heard every child running up and down the halls yelling at an early hour.

We would definitely look into booking at this location again! :)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CosioFam

Reviewed August 8, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for three nights recently on vacation with my family. This hotel was such a welcome relief!! The beds were to die for - great selection of pillows, down/feather comforter, everything was high-class and comfy. No sleepless nights here!

The rooms were also spacious, with thermostat controlled air conditioning. The bathrooms were large with great counterspace, and the shower had a nice, adjustable showerhead.

We did visit the pool here - as a whole it was a nice facility, but small. Two other families with a total of 6 children were in the pool when we arrived, and it was a bit too crowded with all their splashing around. We went to the hot tub instead, and boy was it hot! They have it set to bubble continuously, so you never have to jump out to reset the timer which is nice.

The breakfast was large, and busy. Each day we ended up sitting in the "overflow" room - which actually was a lot quieter and nicer than the main area (except a little longer walk). Lots to eat - my kids especially liked the doughnuts.

One great thing about this hotel - internet acess!! They have a room right off the main lobby with two computers that had internet access. Using your room key you gained acess to this room, and you could hop on and check email, mapquest some directions, etc. For those of us without a laptop to take on the road, it was a wonderful sight to see!

Hotel is very close to everything - lots of restaurants, about 10 minutes to Busch Gardens or Williamsburg Historic District, Jamestown and Yorktown. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank worleybird98
Reviewed August 6, 2007

--My husband and I spent a lovely weekend in Williamsburg, and I can't say enough nice things about this hotel. The service was friendly, from the check in desk to housekeeping. The room was spacious; I especially loved the comfortable bed and the down comforter was soooo dreamy. The bath was larger than I expected, clean and attractive. The jacuzzi was great; the pool was not especially large but it was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank medtechmama
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We picked this hotel based on others' recommendations on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The beds were comfortable. We had a Queen Studio Suite which was roomy for our family of four. The breakfast each morning was extensive (fresh fruit, yogurt, cold and hot cereals, donuts, muffins, biscuits, and usually eggs/meat of some sort). There is 24 hour hot drink service in the breakfast area. The breakfast area does get mobbed after 7:30 but we had a room on the first floor so we just took our breakfast back to the room. The pool is small. Driving around Williamsburg I am glad I made this choice as alot of the other establishments look old and in need of refurbishment on the outside so it makes you wonder about the inside. The desk service was excellent! Would definitely stay here again - the kids also loved the place.

4  Thank 46erwidow
Reviewed July 19, 2007

I just returned yesterday from 5 nights at this terrific hotel. I went with my husband and 2 children (ages 14 and 10). We had a 2 bed suite/studio. We had selected this hotel after reading all of the pros and cons.

Pros: Rooms and immaculate and very have a lot of space. This equates to us having a little elbow room as we are trying to relax after a long day of being a tourist. The beds were absolutely the most comfortable beds I have stayed in..at any hotel. I have stayed at many brands of hotels and this wins hands down. About a month ago, I stayed at a 4 star hotel and the bed was so bad my back was out for a week afterwards. The pool/hot tub was nice and never too busy to get some play time for the kids. It is indoors so expect the usual smell of chlorine in the room. The internet access is great and since I didn't bring my lap top, I really appreciated the computers/printers to print my boarding passes. As mentioned elsewhere the toilets int the bathrooms, do make a lot of noise when they flush...but this place can't be perfect (even though it is very close! The hotel is conveniently located and is very well maintained.

Cons: Not enough drawer space. The 3 drawers just weren't enough.

Specialized comments: Service was A+, I never tried the the downstairs breakfast because with the tremendous amount of pancake houses in the area..we tried a different one almost every day.

We stayed in Room 218 which was perfect...right next to elevators, close to ice machine, etc. I loved this hotel and would definitely recommend it and stay there again if I return to Williamsburg.

4  Thank LuluGirlApopka_FL
Reviewed July 7, 2007

My husband, myself and my grandaughter just returned from a two night stay at the Hampton and our experience was excellent. Clean room, nice beds, the staff was very nice and helpful. My only complaint is that the breakfast was not very good. We just tried it the one morning and then went out for the breakfast the second day. We have stayed at a lot of Hamptons and I don't think this one is prepared for the large groups of people they get visiting. They couldn't keep the food coming as fast as the people and there is not enough seating. We liked that the hotel was not in the crowded area of Richmond Road but it was easy to get everywhere within just a few minutes.

1  Thank LCarpenter
Reviewed June 28, 2007

A first class experience. Large, comfortable suites. Plush, cozy beds. Breakfast was good. Staff was very nice. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family