I am a repeat visitor at this hotel (HHonors Diamond), and have previously given aa "Very Good" review, as it a clean, safe and comfortable place to stay.
But this time I have given an "Average" rating due to the unbearable heat in the building during our stay. Apparently the air conditioning system has not been working properly during most of the month of July. True, it was 107F in Williamsburg during the day of our stay, but that still did not explain the extreme heat inside the hotel. It felt like 90+F in the common areas and hallways, especially on the upper floors. And our room never cooled down below 78F, even with the aircon set to 65F.
Our room was assigned on the four floor, where it seemed especially hot.
Once the HVAC system is working again I would give a "Very Good" rating again.
If you are visiting this summer (2010), I would confirm that the HVAC system is fixed before I would stay again on a hot day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This spacious two queen bedroom studio suite includes all modern amenities including lap desk, iron/board, coffee maker, safe, kitchen area, sofa pull out and cloud nine bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District Hotel Williamsburg
- Hampton Inn And Suites Williamsburg Historic District
- Hampton Inn Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Hampton Inn