“I love this hotel and would stay there again if I go back!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I totally loved Hampton Inn Historic at Wiliamsburg, Va! If I go back there, that is where I will stay. There were 7 of us, and we all fit and slept comfortably in the room. We had two queen beds and a queen sofa sleeper, along with a kitchenette. The room was a spacious size. For those who do not want to share a bed or a sleeper sofa, you are able to get a roll away bed for 10.00 extra per night. The room and hotel was very clean! The staff was friendly, especially the breakfast staff. There is free breakfast each morning, and I must say, being that it's free, I was impressed! The hotel is close to everything. We did the Busch Gardens and Water Country trip (I think it took about 10 minutes to get to them from the hotel), but there were so many other things to see just right in the town! Next time I think I will skip the Busch Gardens and just have fun with all the many things to do and see right there. I definitely recommend this hotel. :)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 3, 2009

We stayed here for four nights at the end of June. We got in on the promotion stay 3 nights get one free. We booked a suite with two queen beds and a pull out sleeper sofa. The room was really clean and very large. The only things we didn't like were no fan in the bathroom. It's rather small and after taking a shower it's quite hot and steamy. We also didn't like no wireless internet in the rooms. We had a cable at the desk to connect our laptop to.
The beds were really comfortable. The drapes didn't quite keep out the light from the parking lot so it was brighter than I would have liked. Other than that it was great. We liked the suite style room. My son slept on the pull out couch and he said it was comfortable. I appreciated the large in room safe.
The breakfast area was very spacious and had everything you could want for breakfast. The breakfast staff works really hard. They were always very friendly.
The hot tub was broken but the kids used the indoor pool. It was okay.
The hotel is located near many restaurants, shopping, Busch Gardens and Williamsburg. It was very quiet at night.
I would stay here again in a minute. Great place, great value.

3  Thank msar1076
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I almost always stay at Hampton Inns when we travel. This is one of the best we have stayed at. Our room was a two queen suite. It was very spacious for our family with teens. The air conditioner was very quiet and we could keep it running all night. The staff was great especially the woman who handled breakfast. The hotel was full but she kept everything well stocked. The beds were very comfortable. The only thing that bugged me was a high pitch noise in the bathroom. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. The bathroom also did not have a fan. For the most part the hotel was quiet but I could hear people walking around in the room above us. The location was good as Williamsburg is not a big town. I would absolutely stay here again.

3  Thank Msia52
Reviewed July 3, 2009

The facility itself is very nice, only a couple of years old. We (family of five) had a Queen Studio Suite for four nights. The room itself was spacious, well-furnished and well laid out. The beds and pillows are among the most comfortable we've seen in a hotel at any price. Even the sofa bed was better expected. The kitchenette area had useful appliances and plenty of storage. The location of the hotel is perfect for people who will be doing the historic activities and the amusement parks. The pool was nice and open late so the kids could use it after they got back from Busch Gardens. The breakfast was OK - attended to by a wonderful lady - though the seating area is too small for the size of the hotel and, overall, was not quite what you would expect from a Hilton property.

A few incoveniences: A broken strip on the bottom of the entry door (which was quickly fixed), and though we had indicated a party of five in our reservation, we had couldn't get towels for the fifth person without asking. Also, our room had an adjoining door with some rather loud, foul-mouthed guests who were constantly smoking in what was tagged a non-smoking room on the other side, which made my wife and kids uncomfortable.

On the whole, though, this is a very nice place, especially for the price. We would stay again.

1  Thank VABeachGuy07
Reviewed July 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed here on an overnight get-away. We were worried all the hotels would be booked with families/kids and that is why we didn't stay at a Kingsmill (walls are paper thin). Our room was fabulous and we didn't hear a sound at night or in the morning. Love the late 11:00am checkout too! Outlets/shopping & food very close by. Wouldn't stay anywere else!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed 1 night at this Hampton Inn. Expecting the room and all other amenities (including breakfast) to be on par with others we had stayed at. Not so. We were given a handicapped room (no mention was made of this at check in - we did not require a handicapped room). The breakfast was minimal - lots of folks complaining.

It wasn't awful but it wasn't what we were used to at a Hampton Inn. The Embassy Suites in Williamsburg has a lot more going for it.

Nana

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank sylviaroseva
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in the Historic District because we had just returned from a wedding in Chincoteague and had a pleasant stay at the Hampton there and decided to stay with the chain.

Great location: 10 minutes from Busch Gardens and Water Country (our main reason for trip) and block away from Colonial Williamsburg. Also, just a few minutes from Richmond Road, which had a lot of shops and places to eat....not to mention the Yankee Candle Company!

We rented a King suite with two beds due to four of us and young children. Efficient room service, great hotel, nice facilities, and decent rates ($179 night weekdays/$195 weekends).

Would definately recommend and are currently staying in the Hampton Inn in Chincoteague for the final leg of our trip.