This was our second stay at this hotel just outside the Historic District. We like this hotel and its location to the Historic District and local restaurants. The main focus of this review is to recognize the outstanding customer service of a very special young man, Jordan Calfee, who could well teach some other hotel staff the proper way to treat their customers. I made reservations some time back for a double-queen room, first floor near the lobby, and only on 1st or 2nd floor. We arrived in our room and began checking the room to make sure everything was in working order but, unfortunately, the fridge would not cool and the A/C would not cool the room enough, so I called Jordan who came down to our room within minutes and checked these two items. He said he would see what he could do to fix the problem and returned asking me if I would like to look at another room in which the A/C and fridge appeared to work fine. I followed Jordan down the hall to another room and to my surprise it was a double-queen suite -- how sweet!! It was so spacious and had a sitting room with an excellent A/C and working fridge. He had upgraded us to a much nicer room (Room 119) at no extra charge. There was also an incident where one of the hotel guests (a child) had an accident on the carpet. I notified Jordan and he personally cleaned up the mess within just a few minutes. Our trip to Williamsburg was an educational grip for our grandson and we all had a wonderful time. Our visit was enhanced by our nice accommodations at this Hampton Inn & Suites. I recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again should we return to Williamsburg. As a side note - and I will review some restaurants we dined at over a 3-day period, one of those being "Food For Thought Cafe" and found it to be a very nice place with personable waiters and waitresses, and of course wonderful food. Be sure to visit the home of Jefferson Davis, "Monticello," which is a short distance from Williamsburg in Charlottesville, VA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This spacious two queen bedroom studio suite includes all modern amenities including lap desk, iron/board, coffee maker, safe, kitchen area, sofa pull out and cloud nine bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District Hotel Williamsburg
- Hampton Inn And Suites Williamsburg Historic District
- Hampton Inn Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Hampton Inn