“All was good minus the lobby remodel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Historic District in January on a quick mini trip. Upon check in I was upset that the fact that the lobby was under remodel was not listed on the website. We agreed to stay based on the fact that the room, pool and free breakfast were not affected. We had stayed that this location before and other than a heater that did not work well, had a good time for the cost of $60.

Room Tip: The double queen suite was very spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dldavis88

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed there over the Thanksgiving Holiday 2012. It was a great place to stay and good value. The hotel was decorated nicely. Had a beautiful Christmas tree in the Lobby area. Off of the lobby area is a nice self serve kitchen type area with complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate served all day. The rooms are a nice size and clean and comfortable. Nice sized bathroom. Staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast there was nice and they constantly refreshed the food on the buffet so you were not eating cold food. The breakfast ladies did a great job and were nice to talk with. It is located in a nice area, close to historical area and not far from Interstate so it is not difficult to find. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lw420B
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My family and I had a great stay at this location. The staff was extremely friendly. When I made the reservation, the young lady informed us that they were renovating the lobby area. Didn't take away from the stay at all. Rooms were very clean and amenities were great. I like the fact that it was hidden away from the main areas of Wmsburg, but close enough to the outlets. Very quiet hotel. Would definitely stay here in the future. The rate I received was unbeatable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Washington_DCMomof2
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Over the last 40 years, we have gone to Williamsburg once or twice a year, and more often when our daughter was a student there. We've stayed in the full range of hotels, including Colonial Williamsburg properties. This Hampton Inn is our favorite outside of a very special occasion stay in a historic house in CW. The value is always excellent, the property very clean, service is very good. The breakfast staff in particular go out of their way to provide service usually lacking in a chain hotel breakfast. Always plentiful and replenished, gives a good start for the day of walking. We stay usually in a queen suite which is very large, has microwave and fridge, so makes for a comfortable base. No it is not the Ritz, but it is far below the Ritz prices, and a very good value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SusiefromCrucible
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here for two days over Christmas. This hotel is labeled as "historic district." That is very accurate, but it was not where I expected. While it is only a 3 minute drive to the historic Williamsburg visitor's center, it otherwise was in the middle of nowhere. I had hoped it would be on the main road leading past William and Mary and going out of town toward the Williamsburg pottery factory (the road with all the hotels and restaurants). Rather, it is virtually all by itself, about a 5-7 minute drive from that road. Thus, for dinner, there were only two nearby restaurants; otherwise, one has to drive 5-10 minutes to find one.

The hotel itself is just like all Hampton Inns: large rooms, clean, excellent in all respects. The only fault is comprised of the scrambled eggs. They must be fake. Their curds are all uniform size and shape (imagine marbles). The taste is absolutely awful. The saving grace at breakfast (the first day) was the gravy (meant for the biscuits - and was tasty) that I could pour over them to mask the terrible taste. This is the second hotel in America (the other was not Hampton) where I've had these identical eggs. Unfortunately, the second morning there was no gravy to mask the taste. The good news is that the coffee and glazed donuts were excellent! There were very few people staying there, so by 9:00 a.m. there was still plenty of breakfast left.

I'd stay there again (but bring plenty of spices to "doctor" the eggs!!)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jay K
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was our second stay at this Hampton and I will most likely stay there again. Our room this time had a heater and air conditioning unit that clanked and banged through our first night. Second night we gave it a miss. We skip breakfast at hotels like this as they are all pretty much the same: rubbery eggs and yogurt. This Hampton is in a great location and is less expensive than those on the Williamsburg strip so definitely worth a try.

Room Tip: We always take the king size non smoking suites.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynette449
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel last month and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the Williamsburg area. We stayed in one of the 2 Queen Studio suites and not only was the room spotless, but the extra space made us feel right at home. The Front Desk staff was very friendly and gave great advice on places to eat out. Also I stay at Hampton's often, and was extremely impressed at the courtesy and attentiveness of the breakfast staff. They do as good a job as any Hampton I've ever been at. Overall it was a great value and I would certainly stay there again next time I am in Williamsburg.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends