“I couldn't wait to write this review” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District

Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Chesapeake, Virginia
“I couldn't wait to write this review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Before booking, I selected this hotel based upon the reviews and ranking on Trip Advisor so thank you to all of those who wrote reviews. The hotel was great. Minutes from my conference (just outside of Busch Gardens, and minutes away from the Prime Outlet Malls. Absolutely great. When I checked in, I was greeted with smiling faces and welcoming service. I was asked if I had a preference to a floor (no hotel ever extended this courtesy to me before.) Around 10 min after checking in, I received a call to ask if the room and everything was to my satisfaction. I stayed in a studio room which was wonderful. It had sufficient room and a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and a bag of microwave popcorn! When I left the room for the day, I left the "do not disturb" sign in my key slot (as I often do when I don't need cleaning service.) When I returned that evening, there was a note left under the door from the staff stating they could not service the room due to the sign and not to hesitate to call if there was anything I needed. Every time I passed through the lobby, I was greeted with smiling staff at the desk. I could also tell they were conscious of who was entering the building. The beds were very comfortable. I did not get to enjoy the breakfast as the meeting I was going to had breakfast but the area was nice, large, and the food appeared to be sufficient. There wasTV was a large modern LCD TV with a very nice picture.

I would love to stay again given the opportunity. The only negative was the corridor on my floor (4th) was muggy on Thursday. I reported it as I left Thursday morning, however, it still remained Thursday evening. It was cleared out Friday and I know the local weather had a very high humidity on Thursday. The room temperature was very comfortable. There were no problems with the cooling system.

Room Tip: The studio room was the same price as a standard room when I booked. Even if slightly higher in pri...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Work2Play_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Finnish first
Cherry Hill, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've stayed at the Richmond Road Hampton many times. Always had an okay stay there. I didn't know about this particular Hampton so I tried it. It was in a quiet comfortable area (I wouldn't call it Historic). It IS next to a seedy-looking motel, so lock your cars, folks.

But the rooms are very nice. The office space (which I use) was great. I wish I had that table in my office. And the leather chair was awesome. The room is clean and up to the high Hampton standard. The shower...

I was on the 4th floor. It was 8:30. Everyone was using their water. And flushing their toilets. And using their showers. How do I know? I FELT EVERY FLUSH, FAUCET, SHOWER during MY shower! Hot water? Sure, followed by freezing water. The shower controls are on the left hand side and STARTS with the hot water. So when you turn it on it scalds you within seconds. When you go under your shower (which was a massager) the water dribbles. It's not the powerful spray I am accustomed to in your typical Hampton. I waited and waited for a decent spray that never came.

I mentioned this to the front desk and they did the right thing. I would stay here again because I enjoyed the room and location. And it is a newer Hampton, not the converted motel that is on Richmond Road. I'd stay here again. I just hope they take a look at their water system. They won't, but I live hope.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank SingletonTraveler
Central Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

A beautiful hotel within a very quick drive to the Colonial Williamsburg visitor center, I highly recommend this facility for anyone traveling to Williamsburg. We booked a suite and were very surprised at the size and comfort provided for the price! The furniture was comfortable, the bathroom well appointed and the beds large and comfortable. Unfortunately, the spa was not working the 2 days we were there, but that was a maintenance problem that was being addressed.
I would make one observation toward the negative, that being that all the suites had doors to the adjoining rooms for some reason. There is literally NO soundproofing around the doors and our door was apparently IN the neighboring rooms bathroom! We were treated all day and night to the bodily functions and bathing habits of our neighbors. This is a serious design flaw and needs to be addressed. In other words, get a standard room, not a suite.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located about 2 miles from Williamsburg's Historic District and is a great place to stay for a visit to this vibrant and historic city. The rooms are comfortable and typical of what you find at Hampton Inn. The free continental breakfast and complimentary internet make this a great value. The hotel also has an indoor pool and workout facility. It seems to be a fairly new property. My interactions with the staff were all positive. Both the front desk and the breakfast attendant were very nice and welcoming. My son attends the College of William and Mary, so we will definitely try this hotel again in the next few years.

Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed one night 2nd week of Sept. Nicely updated room, very nice surprise....very comfortable bed great water pressure, fp TV, fridge and micro for $120 for 2, free wifi with good signal.....good breakfast....only thing to make note of is that it's close to the historic district (5-10 min) but not in it and the immediate area a bit run down...other than that I thought it a of deal.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator, ice machine
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The hotel is five minutes from everything (historic Williamsburg, Busch Gardens) and very clean. Breakfast is one notch up from the typical continental buffet - they have fresh fruit salad, scrambled eggs and sausage and make-your-own waffles - in addition to the usual juice/yogurt/pastry/bagel collection - and the ladies that mind the buffet are very nice and efficient. We stayed in a two-queen plus sofabed suite - very comfortable for two parents and two 11-year-olds. Pull-out sofa is a little lumpy - but okay for kids. Wet bar with fridge/microwave was handy to have. Microwave popcorn a nice touch. Housekeeping staff very responsive to requests for extra toiletries and pillows. Very nice front desk staff. LIttle indoor pool not fancy - but great place for kids to splash around at the end of the day. Decent little workout room and business center. Only three complaints about visit - the soap in the bathrooms is lame - too little and not enough lather. The towels are too small and too thin. And... there is virtually no soundproofing between rooms or through hotel room door - you can hear everything your neighbors are doing/saying - so keep your fingers crossed that you get quiet folks next door! That all said, I would stay there again with my family.

Room Tip: Stay distant from the elevator - preferably at the far end of the hall - since you can hear everythi...
1 Thank MaryAnne294
Willow Spring, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family just returned from a 3 night stay in a suite. The suite was a nice size- 2 queen beds, sofa bed and chair, also had a kitchen area with a coffee maker, sink, fridge and microwave. They even had a bag of popcorn which they replenished one day but, not the next. The room and bath room were nice and clean.

The complimentary breakfast was nice. The lady that works that deserves a raise! She is such a hard worker and asks everyone are they ok, can she get them anything. That's some great service!

It is a great location for Colonial Williamsburg (less than 5 mins away) and Busch Gardens (10-15 mins away).

My only complaint is other guests and how inconsiderate they are! Some people must have gotten in late around us and if they slammed the doors once, they slammed them a dozen times! Be courteous of your neighbors and catch the door so it only clicks and doesn't slam.

• 4 of 5 bubbles