“Happy with my stay- excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District

Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
Ranked #7 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Happy with my stay- excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed here on Memorial Weekend. The hotel is in excellent condition. Within 15 minutes of my arrival, front desk called us to check if everything is alright.
The room is beautiful, modern and very clean. We stayed in the first floor, perfect for us because it is near the pool.
There is a hot breakfast in the morning- cook your own waffle area. The waffles are good! Choices- egg+ something else( sausage or bacon), yogurts, bread, muffins, waffles.
The person in charge of breakfast is very helpfull and nice.
Overall, the hotel is clean and the service is excellent. The price is reasonable. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NN118

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Finnish first
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel suite was spacious and well appointed, very clean and convenient to historic Williamsburg. The front desk staff went out their way to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zooladySanFrancisco
abilene, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

My husband and I travel alone all the time. This time we decided to take the Grandsons for a treat to Williamsburg and EVERYTHING it has to offer. I chose this paticular Hampton based on previous reviews and was not disappointed.
We were greeted when we arrived with smiling faces and lots of information about restaurants and directions for all the places we wanted to go
The front desk knew that I had requested two beds for two adults and two children but when we arrived they upgraded us to a room with extra space for no extra charge. The room was very spacious. I nearly always request the top floor as I don't like hearing people walk above me. There were no room available on the top floor and they assured me that I wouldn't hear any noise as the rooms were well insultated. They were right! No Noise!!
The breakfast was great and had a wide selection of your normal continental breakfast items. The people that work there take great pride in what they do. They were helpful all the way from the front desk to the breakfast ladies to the housekeeping service.
The indoor pool closes at 11:00 and we came back one night at 10:30. I had promised the boys we could swim but by the time we got back down there it was 10:45. The front desk told me not to worry about it and that no one would come and run us off. We didn't take advantage of her niceness and swam for about 45 minutes.
We really liked this hotel because of the indoor pool because we had so many activities going on through the day that we appreciated the warmer indoor pool temps as opposed to having an outside pool that wouldn't have worked for us on the one day that it rained.
The room was large. It had a separate area as a little kitchen prep with sink, microwave and refrigerator. The tub and toilet were in one closed in area which was not a large area but it was not small either. The bathroom sink was outside this area. There was one large closet and a safe. It's very high up above the closet and I (4'11") couldn't reach it but my husband didn't have a problem.
You can't go wrong with this hotel and I HIGHLY recommend it!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ausuml
Blacklick, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We have never had a bad experience in a Hampton, and this was no exception. We have a fairly large family (two adults and four children), so we got two suites as the price was comparable to two rooms. The rooms were clean, cool, and comfortable.

The staff was exceptionally helpful, and the breakfast was great! When we travel, I always look for a Hampton first, and will continue to do so.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank stevedhoward
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

nice hotel fresh and clean, we had a lower level room with a door hall that closed pretty hard but there were only a few rooms past the door so it wasn't a real issue, other family members were on the top floor and did not have any noise issues.
we have been staying at country inn and suits just down the road for years, the Hampton was less money and newer so we gave it a try and will be back!!!

Room Tip: book early top floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank OhioVatravler
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

This hotel had everything I was looking for. I am a big fan of Hampton Inns, and I have yet to be disappointed. Everything was comfortable and cozy, and the free breakfast really helps with the vacation budget! The location is away from all of the congestion of the Richmond Road area but still within a 3-5 minute drive from tons of restaurant and shopping. Busch Gardens is also only minutes away by car! My only complaint is very minor, and it is that the pool is a little small, and there is only an indoor pool and hot tub and it was quite warm in the pool area for those not swimming. Still, this is a very, very MINOR negative for me, but did not at all effect my opinion of this establishment as most people would probably not even mind this.

To sum it up....I enjoyed the quiet, peacefulness of the entire stay and would return to this hotel in the future for sure! :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DanceMom1203
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

My wife and I returned for spring break to the historic location. Superb service and rooms even better than last time. Looks like they have already renovated some things in hotel. Room was large and clean. If they keep this up we will never stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple