“Away From The Congestion But Close To Everything”

Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This hotel had everything I was looking for. I am a big fan of Hampton Inns, and I have yet to be disappointed. Everything was comfortable and cozy, and the free breakfast really helps with the vacation budget! The location is away from all of the congestion of the Richmond Road area but still within a 3-5 minute drive from tons of restaurant and shopping. Busch Gardens is also only minutes away by car! My only complaint is very minor, and it is that the pool is a little small, and there is only an indoor pool and hot tub and it was quite warm in the pool area for those not swimming. Still, this is a very, very MINOR negative for me, but did not at all effect my opinion of this establishment as most people would probably not even mind this.

To sum it up....I enjoyed the quiet, peacefulness of the entire stay and would return to this hotel in the future for sure! :)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DanceMom1203
Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed April 18, 2011

My wife and I returned for spring break to the historic location. Superb service and rooms even better than last time. Looks like they have already renovated some things in hotel. Room was large and clean. If they keep this up we will never stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kenthetraveler10
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We reserved a suite room at a great rate. Room was clean. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. The suite room was great for a family of 5 especially since weather was lousy and we spent more time indoors than expected. Would definitely stay here again.

Only downside was that water pressure in shower was 'low flow'. Housekeeping staff could have been a bit more attentive to detail, but were still excellent. The general staff at the facility was very helpful.

Didn't realize at first, but this hotel is only .75 miles up the road from the Duke of York street near the old Capitol building in Colonial Williamsburg. Not a great walk for little kids or during bad weather, but for a few morning runs it was excellent!

Room Tip: Get a suite room if you have more than two people
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ilpiccs
Reviewed April 8, 2011

As another reviewer had stated, be careful of getting a room that has an adjoining room. We are not the quietest family ourselves, we have a 9 year old that likes to laugh and play, so the noises we heard from the other room had to be no worse than what we were making ourselves. You can hear through the two adjoining closed doors pretty easily and it may not be to everyone's liking. It did not bother us enough to ask for another room. Other than that, this was a very nice stay. The staff at the breakfast area were helpful and friendly, even though the place was packed the 3 mornings we ate there. Overall a good value and a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FSU88
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I was overwhelmed with choices on the internet, but read reviews and looked at the photots and chose this hotel. Great service, clean and quiet stay. Will return with family in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We have been to some amazing Hampton Inns (like Rifle, Colorado). This one is not one of them. It just borders on Hampton's usual level of high quality, clean, neat, well maintained lodging. True - it is one of the lowest plriced Hamton Inn's we have stayed at; so if you factor in price it is a good deal. Room had some problems: Like other reviews noted, if your room has a connecting door to another room, you hear through it like there is no door there. In our case there were a bunch of high school kids in the next room. They were on a field trip that apparently planned to leave the hotel at 5:30am. My plan was to wake up at 8:30am. Howwever, in my plan I was using an alrm clock. In reality the noise woke us up (me at 5:30am, my wife at 6:30am). Hotel staff was helpful and comp'ed us the day (even though I said a 20% discount would be fine). Another issue was tissues - no tissues in bathroom - empty tissue holder yes - tiuues no. At morning number 2 of our stay I mentioned it to the front desk ("Need tissues in room...it's February...kids all have sniffles"). This got a, "I'm so sorry" but no tissues on our return that night. Day three I mentioned tissues again. Came back, no tissues, went down to front, got a box of tissues and brought them up. Last three issues: "Loose/cracked tiles in bathroom; blue stains in tub; and veneer cracked/missing on vanity" I wrote on a list and gave to the front desk person when we left. This got a response of, "Ohh...OK..."
Don't misunderstand - the hotel was fine and generally met our "a clean place to sleep" standards. However, it probably would not meet all of Hampton Inn standards. They need a bit of work on problem response and resolution.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank forseeme
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I always love Hampton Inn, but I was not prepared for the beauty and classiness of this particular one. We had a friend join us on the third night, and the desk went out of their way to make sure her room was next to ours - just total class, cleanliness, and lovely in every way. Great value for the money!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple