TripAdvisor

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

I ordered the Mac n cheese and it was supposed to come with ham. It came with tiny bits of ham so most of the meal was just Mac n cheese. My dad ordered the tuna and they brought him the incorrect dish. Overall not impressed with it.

Date of visit: September 2019
Adam S, General Manager at Blue Talon Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am so sorry - we do serve three ounces of ground Country Ham with the Macaroni. We recognize that is a not a huge portion of ham but, in the style of great Virginia Country Ham, a little goes a long way! We tried the dish with more ham but it became too salty in our opinion to be enjoyable. I wish you had asked your server for more ham - as we will always be happy to oblige! For you father's tuna, the server should absolutely have repeated the order back to him to avoid just that mistake. I really am sorry about that.

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Adam

Write a reviewReviews (2,007)

Reviewed September 21, 2019

I visit this restaurant about once a year and I am always more than pleased. Our lunch for four was fantastic... the food, the service, everything... just fantastic... the Chicken Mushroom crepe is to die for... Love this place.

Reviewed September 18, 2019

We were last here 3 years ago and it's still very good. Food plentiful so we usually share and wine prices very reasonable.

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

We had breakfast first day and lunch second day. A hidden treasure as tucked away off the Main Street of the merchant area.
Fabulous food, great service and will go there for sure next time!
Nothing fancy just great food, good value and a great find !

Reviewed September 9, 2019

I've had breakfast here twice on two separate visits to Williamsburg and the Blue Talon Bistro is fast becoming my go-to breakfast place. On the first visit, I had the Truffled Eggs. So delicious! On my recent visit, I had the breakfast platter which was: Two eggs, link sausage, Virginia ham biscuit, Peppered bacon, potato cake, toasted baguette and stone ground grits. Everything was delicious especially the Virginia ham biscuit. The biscuit was melt in your mouth good. I'll definitely be back!

Date of visit: August 2019

Thanks so much! Given that we've been told it's the "most important meal of the day" we like to really put some heart into Breakfast! Please come back soon and try another one of our favorites!

Adam