“Excellent food for excellent price”
Review of Food For Thought

Food For Thought
Ranked #5 of 436 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Food For Thought is a family restaurant in Williamsburg, Virginia, that’s as engaging for the mind as it is for the senses. Surrounded by quotes and images of inventors, scientists, and social leaders, our atmosphere aims to inspire families and encourage discussion over wholesome, delicious food. Food For Thought’s menu is as diverse as the great thinkers themselves. Our diner’s choices vary from American classics, ethnic dishes, healthy vegetarian options, or one of our nightly seafood specialties. The foundation of our menu is built upon American staples like our famous Fork Tender Pot Roast, Grandma’s Meatloaf, and “fall off the bones” ribs. America grew up on these meals, and we love paying homage to our country’s past. To complement these favorites, we added some newer, more contemporary flavors and ideas like Pad Thai, Jamaican jerk chicken, flavored butters, and original vegetarian dishes. To ensure everyone finds something they love, we also provide a gluten-free menu, a kid’s menu (with healthy options!) and our “Magic 55” senior’s menu. Our food is prepared with love and served with pride. A truly wonderful meal is a combination of good food and good conversation -- so talk about the special people featured here. Talk about the contributions that these people have made to the world! Have a meaningful conversation about how everyone can be great in his or her own way.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can’t say enough about this restaurant. I have food allergies (gluten, corn and soy) which they bent over backwards to accommodate. For the first time EVER, I was given something I could eat at no charge while the rest of my family ate the bread. The food was so fresh and delicious tasting. The servers and manager made sure everything was to our liking. Wish I lived closer to eat there again.

Date of visit: March 2019
hehohop, Owner at Food For Thought, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I appreciate you sharing your support, Karen! Looking forward to the next time you join us.

Best wishes,
Howard, Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (5,161)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well known already for their delicious food and excellent service, one would expect a long wait at dinner time on Saturday night, but we waited less than 5 minutes. Shane gave us excellent service, the kitchen must be super-organized because our food came quickly, and it was very tasty. We loved the sweet potato cornbread. To top it off, the owner came by to ask if everything was okay. We agree, this is a place you must eat while in Williamsburg.

Date of visit: March 2019

I appreciate you taking the time to share this, Thenca! I will make sure Shane sees your review. Hope you'll be back to visit us again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I like this place because it is unique. We both got a type of grilled cheese, and they were good. Everything was fresh and good quality. I was impressed with how quickly we were sat at a table considering how busy it seemed. They do have a problem with parking; there’s definitely not enough for the establishment. However, They are well aware of this issue and try to make it as painless as they can.

Date of visit: March 2019

Glad our grilled cheeses hit the spot! I hope it won't be long before you join us to enjoy some more.

Best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great vegan selections available to my daughter while her non-vegan father had a terrific crab cake and both left happy. Service was excellent. Presentation was very good. Atmosphere was pleasant, upbeat and light. While my crab cake earned a B+, it was very small. But it came with lots of fries. Both meals came with a basket of rolls and cornbread.

This place was great overall.

Parking was something of an issue. We had to park in the Ripleys museum lot.

Date of visit: March 2019

Thanks so much for the kind words! I appreciate the comment about the crabcake being a little small. On Thursday we increased the size from 4 oz to 5 oz and it made a big difference. I hope you come back and try the crabcakes again soon and let us know what you think.

All the best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food and service. The server was great and even brought me a gluten free roll when he found out I had an allergy. The shrimp and grits was fantastic. They had a wide variety of gluten free options. Great experience.

Date of visit: March 2019

Kristy, I'm glad your experience was a memorable one. We'd love to welcome you back to enjoy it all again.

Best,