All reviews lane bowling alley signature collection full kitchen mini golf bedroom villa washer and dryer time share basketball court indoor pool parking pass top floor jetted tub busch gardens historic sites dish soap family vacation sales people
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

My 3-night stay was a bargain since I had agreed to a Holiday Inn Club 2-hour tour. The condo was spacious & lovely w/a fireplace and balcony overlooking the woods. Upkeep was good although the whirlpool feature did not work in the tub. All the basics for a long weekend were there: dishes, paper products, laundry & cleaning products, which made it very convenient. The area felt a little isolated at night since there is nothing around it, but it is really only a 12 minute drive to Colonial Williamsburg, with all those attractions. There is a small bowling alley, 2 pools & more condos being built, although a distance away from the existing condos so construction noise should not be a problem. Food at the snack bar was decent, with very nice staff. Most staff, including my salesperson, Rico, were attentive, pleasant and polished, with the exception of the woman who had to sign off finally when I declined buying into the vacation club. Waiting for her added an extra 40 minutes onto my 2 hour tour, which certainly left a bitter taste.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank KOLret
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Beautiful place! We had a one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen and washer and dryer. Very spacious, comfortable rooms. We were in the area on vacation, so we did not use any of the resort features. However, we understood they had a nice pool, bowling, movies, and many other activities available. We loved our stay!

1  Thank Robin A
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Our villa/apt was spacious and super clean. We had stayed at the Orlando property and this is very different. This is tiny in comparison. The style is colonial, of course.
The setting is in the trees. Our bedroom balcony has a beautiful forest behind it.
Check in was quick and easy. The staff is friendly. Our only glitch has been getting into the gym at 5 30 a m. The lock will not open with our room key. My husband has to find security every day to let him in.
The location is near I 64 so easy to travel the area. A car is a must as we are out of Williamsburg a short ways. You I'll want to drive to Jamestown and Yorktown.
The outdoor pools are not heated but the indoor one is.
We enjoyed the wine and beer tastings a couple evenings at 6. There is a weekly calendar of activities.
We really enjoyed our week because we could relax and rest in our lovely villa.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 968judyh
Reviewed April 29, 2018

My grandson and I were at this resort for a week during spring break. It is a timeshare, but I got out of any marketing attempts because my husband was not with me. The staff, however, was great, both friendly and helpful. They could not have been nicer. Here's the scoop:
Location: The resort is outside the city limits of Williamsburg, but I actually found that a plus. Take a right out of the property. It is less than a mile to Mooretown Road and a bit farther to Route 60. If you take a left onto Mooretown Road, it takes you the back way into Williamsburg. Although you do go by a shopping center and medical center, you miss all the traffic along Route 60. Mooretown Road ends up at a shopping center with three of my favorites....the Peking Restaurant (the best ever when it comes to Chinese, Japanese, and other Oriental foods), the Dairy Queen (who doesn't like a sundae?), a K-Mart for incidentals, and a great putt-putt golf course. Nearby are other good restaurants, again, off the main drag.
If you take a left onto Route 60 , you head to the main shopping, entertainment, and dining areas of Williamsburg. Many, many many! (My grandson and I ate twice at Cook Out, a fast-food barbecue and hush puppy place. Yummy.) Go further towards Williamsburg, and you can get groceries at the local Food Lion. If you head to the right on Route 60, there is more shopping, to include the Pottery Factory stores. (Used to be a cheap, inexpensive area---That has changed.)
Basically, on this side of town, there is entertainment like Ripley's Believe it or Not, restaurants, and shopping. If you go to the other side of Williamsburg, you visit the restored Colonial area (a MUST) and the fancier stores on the Duke of Gloucester Street.
Williamsburg itself offers something for everyone. It is a great spot for a family vacation.
Resort Amenities: The resort has a small indoor pool, as well as an outdoor pool. There is no hot tub. (You have a jacuzzi in the master bedrooms of two-bedroom condos.) There is also a basketball court and a miniature golf course. (I didn't see any challenging obstacles there, so if you want a harder game, go elsewhere. ) In the clubhouse is a small store, snack bar, and a bowling alley. You can rent it by the hour or 1/2 hour. It was around $16 for the 1/2 hour plus shoe rental of $3 per pair. 30 minutes was plenty of time for the two of us to play two games. If you have a larger group, I would opt for an hour. I have no idea how much bowling is elsewhere in Williamsburg, but the convenience of having it right there makes it a value. By the way, don't bother taking cash with you. They don't take it there. Everything is charged to your room. (At the end of my visit, my bill was exactly correct. I kept the receipts to check it out.) We had bonus entertainment. It snowed (in March!) while we were there, and another family and my grandson had a great snowball fight. People here were like that, friendly and fun.
Condo: We were in a two-bedroom condo, and it was super. We were on the third floor, but they have an elevator. You enter into a large dining room area. On the far side of it was a closet with the full-size washer and dryer, as well as a pantry. The kitchen was on the other side of that. On the left-hand side were the bedrooms, one with twin beds and the master with a king-size. There was a full bath between the rooms. The master had an en suite, a shower/tub with a jacuzzi. At the far side of the condo was a spacious living room with a small screened-in porch off it. There was a "pretend" fireplace, but it did put out the heat. The kitchen was well-equipped, even to having a roll of paper towels, salt and pepper shakers, and dishwasher and dish soap. We only had breakfast there, but using the kitchen could bring a large savings to a larger group.
Everything in the condo was spotlessly clean. The Wi Fi worked well. The towels were soft and fluffy and the pillows great. The bed was on the firmer side, but that is how I like it.
We were in the first building, and it was quiet.
Note: The arrows leading into the resort look like you need to go around the check-in building to exit the grounds. Instead, go through the condo parking lots to the first building on the right. There is a shorter exit there.
All in all, this was a terrific place to stay. It was comfortable, roomy, and beautifully decorated. I would go back in a minute!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank schneewitchen
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

We're so excited to see your detailed, happy comments about Williamsburg Resort! Time with Grandkids is the best time ever, and they're never little for long enough. Thanks for spending some of that precious time with us. We hope you'll be back to see us again soon! Thanks for your review.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

The room was very nice and clean and organized. It had everything I needed in it. The indoor pool and hot tub was great as well. There actually wasn't much traffic in the pool area and my spouse and I pretty much had it to ourselves which was ok.The staff was nice and courteous and prompt. The hotel was also on a great location, which was close to the oulet. We were there to shop so it worked out well. No complaints and we were very satisfied.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

What a delight to read your comments about Williamsburg Resort! We always want our guests to feel right at home, with lots of fun things to do. Come back and see us again soon! Thanks for your review.