“Very good sandwiches”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Good sandwiches made to order on excellent bread. How much more perfect can a restaurant be? Add the in the variety of interesting crisp and beverages, plus cheeses and other fun culinary products, and this was a fun place to stop for lunch. We also picked up a big bag of bread ends for the kids to snack on later in the day, which they all appreciated tremendously.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,951)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stopped in to check out the store, ended up purchasing an offer the - glass of wine with a three cheese sampler. The young man that assisted in the choices was very helpful letting us sample so we could choose the cheese we would like. We also bought cheese/wine to bring home. My only problem was the man in the tasting room he knew it all and made me feel no matter what I said I was speaking wrong. So if you go tasting and he is there (wish I remembered his name) don't talk as you wont know anything.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a great place for quick and go or sit outside and enjoy the day.Even during the lunch rush the staff was fast and really nice. I love the wide range of food options.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stopped by The Cheese Shop for lunch on a Friday during our recent trip to Williamsburg. First, the sandwiches were very good....the bread is delicious and the meats/cheeses are ample and fresh. I think the value for the sandwich is excellent. But the crowds inside the shop were CRAZY. The place was mobbed...it was impossible to move around and see any of the offerings....people were everywhere. Now I admit, we went at noon on Friday, so it is probably their busiest time, but the crowd made getting food there unpleasant. I don´t think I would go here again during peak hours.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Love the breads and fillings. We sat outside for a casual evening and a great time watching people and recapping our Williamsburg day.