Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Reviewed 5 days ago
Tanyajn1
Sterling, Virginia
via mobile
Lovely setting in a historic area.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $77.00
from $40.99
from $15.40
More Info
All reviews wine tasting the reserve tasting room our tour guide the gabriel archer tavern wedmore place wine making process wine club fine wine spiced rice regular tour nice tour gift shop spend an afternoon wineries ww bottling
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

My husband scheduled an overnight at the winery with a tour and a very nice 3- course dinner. It was so peaceful and absolutely beautiful. We arrived early to enjoy a leisurely lunch at the cafė before the tour. It was excellent! The 45-minute tour was very informative and our guide, we could tell, loved talking about wine; he was very passionate. Our dinner was amazing, as was our room in the hotel (most decorations throughout were antiques). A huge thanks to the staff for answering our off-the-wall questions. I highly recommend the whole experience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The wines are well made and the tasting room staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Nice outdoor patio and an indoor restaurant for the warmer months. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Since we live near Sonoma/Napa, we’ve learned to keep our expectations reasonable when it comes to non-California wines (just being real here ), but we were pleasantly surprised at the wines we found at The Williamsburg Winery. Friendly and knowledgeable tasting staff added to the overall great experience. If you’re a wine enthusiast, be sure to take the time and stop in and taste.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

My wife and I attended a Sunday afternoon/evening wedding & reception. The winery had an Old World but cozy feel to it. The wedding ceremony was held in the main room. After the ceremony all attendees move to an adjacent room for drinks and social hour. At the appointed time the guests, about 100 in all, were brought back into the main room which had been transformed into the dining area by the very capable staff. The wait staff was efficient and friendly. If you are looking for a wedding and/or reception area in the Williamsburg area, the Williamsburg winery is definitely worth a look.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Went there with my boyfriend for a wine tasting since we were in the area. The tasting was great. Only giving 4 stars because they have you standing the entire time and it's a little dark in the room. The place itself is gorgeous, views are amazing, wine is phenomenal. Just a different experience!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We went off the beaten path to find the place but it was well worth it. It was a beautiful area with great old buildings and scenery. They have a nice little gift shoppe, tasting room and tavern as well as a restaurant. We didn’t eat or drink but enjoyed the gift shoppe

Reviewed September 29, 2018

We stopped for a tasting on a mini wine tour of the area. We arrived a few minutes before they opened and wandered around the area. The tasting was good. The server did not have much personality and just went thru the motions. I would expect better being one of the first groups of the day. The wives bought a couple glasses of wine which we enjoyed outside. I would have no problem going back again.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Great place for lunch. Wine tasting was a hit 7 samples for $10 and you took the wine glass home. The server was very knowledgeable on the different wines we tasted.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

We purchased a package that included the wine tasting & lunch at the Gabriel Archer Tavern. The wine tasting was wonderful. We could taste 7 wines; I can't say enough good things about the tasting room attendants. We ended up buying 6 bottles based on the wines that they suggested.

Lunch at Gabriel Archer Tavern was outstanding. My husband had roast beef, smoked gouda, oven roasted tomato, pickled red onion, baby arugula & horseradish sauce on a baguette; one of the best sandwiches he ever ate. I had turkey, brie, granny smith apple, Lingonberry preserves, roasted garlic mayonnaise on a baguette; not a sandwich person & I loved it. The desserts were amazing!

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and did a very good job relaying the information to us. The only problem was at times I couldn't hear the guide either because she didn't speak loud enough or the group we were with wouldn't stop talking among each other. I felt uncomfortable on the tour when the other members of the group wouldn't listen to the tour guide's directions and decided to do whatever the wanted. That took away form the tour as it was like we were at a daycare. The tasting went well except it was hard to hear the guide over all of the talking between friends.