“Great for a light bite”

Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
$40.99*
and up
Colonial Williamsburg Admission
More attraction details
Owner description: 19th-century folk household objects (toys, kitchenware, paintings, furniture, etc.) are on display at the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The food is available through a cafeteria style line, but the servers are very friendly. The menu included soups, salads and sandwiches. I love the country ham.

There are newer reviews for Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum

Reviewed March 30, 2013

If you have a love of art and wish to dedicate a whole day to art appreciation, then this is the place for you. When my husband and I went, we only had the midmorning until the first part of the afternoon to be able to visit this extraordinary museum. I enjoyed myself tremendously. My only regret so that we were leaving the day we visited so I was unable to take as much time as I felt was needed to properly view everything in the museum. I highly suggest seeing this museum over a two day period in order to fully appreciated all of the artifacts that are located in this one building. For art lovers, it is a feast for the eyes to behold. Enjoy. Side note: You may want to include a visit to Bassett Hall the residence of the Rockefellers when in Williamsburg.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was freezing and rainy on the day we visited Williamsburg. After a few hours, our two year old was worn out and the rest of us were ready to get warm. We visited the museum just to warm up, and found that it was really interested and fun for everyone. They have a kids area and a cafe and we spent the rest of the day walking through the exhibits and having a delicious lunch. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Loved the carousel creatures and the boy loved crazy hipponoceros turntable. They had a lovely room for the kids that was a just beautiful rendition of folk art with a farmyard story illustrated one page at a time as the child goes around and reads the pages, he can see the roosters, ducks etc. that are carved and set up as if in a real farm. There is also a nice table with colored pencils, paper and lovely pictures to color that the child can then put up for others to see later. That appeared to be a big hit for the kids. The cigar boxes that were carved by itinerants were also intricate and interesting.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Cleverly laid out activities for kids gives parents more time for enjoying interesting, authentic American folk art

1  Thank Bob M