“Great time with the family!”
Review of Go-Karts Plus

Go-Karts Plus
Ranked #8 of 20 Fun & Games in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Williamsburg's Premier Family Entrrtainment Center featuring 4 exciting go-kart tracks, Gold Rush miniature golf, bumper cars, blaster boats, the DISK'O' thrill ride, kiddieland, video arcade, Water Wars, a free toddler play area, snack bar and more! Free admission and Parking. Simply pay for what you ride.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had such a fantastic time at Go-Karts Plus! I brought my two young boys (eight & nine) and my wife, and we all had a blast together. This is a great place to bring the entire family because prices are reasonable and the whole park offers multiple rides for each of us. I particularly enjoyed the figure 8 track, and the mini-nascar karts were a ton of fun! My kids always have such a great time and they're constantly asking when we can go next! Highly recommend this park for a great time with the family!

All reviews
"couple of hours"
"visiting williamsburg"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place is good for kids, but is on the small side compared to other go kart places we have been to.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We decided to go here despite my reservation with mixed reviews. This was a very pricy entertainment for us after only a few hours. We could have gotten a better bang for our bucks if we just went back to Busch Gardens or Water Country but it was drizzling on and off that day and we figured a few hours here will suffice. They are very serious with height restrictions for safety reasons but there is a discrepancy in terms of what's allowable and what's not. My son was measured under 40 inches in some rides and 40 inches flat in others. I have argued with some attendants that he was able to ride other rides deemed for 40 inches and up but the attendant refused to budge. While I do understand that they don't want to take chances for fear of a child getting hurt under their watch, it was very difficult to explain to a young child he can't go because of his height. I had to pull him aside and console him. I wouldn't have a problem with it but because I went by the measurement posted by the ticketing window, I ended up wasting a lot of extra tickets we can't use. The staff for the most part are friendly except maybe those who deemed that my son can't go without a clear understanding of how a very eager child can be devastated when told he can't ride when others said he can. In addition, I didn't know what to say when I was asked for my driver's license when I opted to ride the go-kart by myself. While they did not measure me, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that I'm over 54 inches, the required height to drive the go-kart. What does my driver's license has to do with it? I saw kids barely in their teens who was around my height and was ushered in without a fuss. Clearly whose judgment needs to be reviewed, mine or the young children who drove recklessly around. If I don't know any better, I would say they were being racist. We were the only Asians there with most visitors being White and some Black. It was disappointing to say the least. Did I mention, they only serve junk food? It was a blessing in disguise that they have a mini-golf course as part of this amusement park. It was enough to cajole a disappointed child. But because we ended up with extra tickets, we had to take another trip to use those as we called it a day after we finished the mini-golf. We had better luck two days after as my son was able to ride the one we missed. Again, there is inconsistency with measurement but at least he got to ride one of them. We avoided the ride with the attendant who gave my son a hard time so not to disappoint him again. I would never go back here again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

very unhappy campers in my group who were shorter than the required height! the adults had a blast, though

See more reviews
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I think this facility is average, we went to go and play mini golf and I have to say , it was a nice layout and we had a lot of fun but the price I felt was a little high for the time we spent there. It is 18 holes with a chance to win a free game at the end which was nice. The staff was very friendly as you can pick out your color golf ball you are going to use and they fit you to the right size length of club. We didn't go on the go karts but we have in the past and I think it is pretty basic. You have to be a certain height for the rides and some of the rides are not really that fast. It is very clean and they have an arcade for your enjoyment.