“Great Place for teenagers to learn to drive!!”
Review of Go-Karts Plus

Go-Karts Plus
Ranked #5 of 20 Fun & Games in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Williamsburg's Premier Family Entrrtainment Center featuring 4 exciting go-kart tracks, Gold Rush miniature golf, bumper cars, blaster boats, the DISK'O' thrill ride, kiddieland, video arcade, Water Wars, a free toddler play area, snack bar and more! Free admission and Parking. Simply pay for what you ride.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We took our 14 yr old daughters to Go-Karts Plus for some off track driving. They have 2 courses that allows them to drive. They had the best time!! The tickets were easy to purchase and we didn't have to pay amusement park entrance & parking fees. The mini golf looked very nice along and they had small rides for the younger children. We only came to drive the 2 courses. We had been to Busch gardens and water country so this was just another opportunity to have more fun in Williamsburg, VA. No crowds and lines when we went so it was a bonus! If you can find web specials or coupons that would be better. We stopped at the AAA for some discounts but they didn't have anything it was 20 tickets for $25.00 - the 2 courses they drove on cost 5 tickets per ride. We didn't plan the trip we stopped because we saw it. They had a blast!!!

All reviews
"nascar"
"safety"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed June 29, 2013

A friend stopped in Williamsburg on way back home to central VA, at Go Carts Plus. Said kids had great time driving. We stopped in the next day, saw girls exactly same height as our kids get passed onto ride, (they were walking beside our kids),so we bought tickets. We got to ride, manager was standing by ride attendant, and pulled our kids out to measure. We were told they couldn't drive, and no refunds. Beware going here...NOT worth the cost, and same rules don't apply for everyone. Management not interested in customer service, just getting your ticket sale FIRST!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went here on the way home from our week long stay in the Williamsburg area. We travel here frequently, as my kids love Busch Gardens and Water Country. We kept seeing the brochures for this place, so we went there on our kids request. Let me say the good parts. It was clean, very well kept. I don't doubt the owners try very hard. Second, the staff was super friendly. Everyone was very willing to help, even giving us a few extra minutes on the rides when no one was there. Okay, so the bad. NO ONE was there. It was a Saturday and the place was deserted. Its expensive. I spent 50 dollars and that gave us an hour of rides, maybe. That's not including golf, or the arcade, which we didn't do. On a serious note, I wanted to add this major thing. I went on the "Python Pit" with my 5 year old, where the ride instructor told me to put him on the inside with my arm around him. He was very nice. Now, I spent 6 days on big rides in water country and Busch gardens and never once felt unsafe with my 5 year old. For the 2 minutes I was on this ride, I was petrified he was going to fall out. It goes around a strong curve, and even a 7/8 yr old who is big enough to ride alone could feel like he will fall out. There is a lap bar, but there was still no sense of safety. The ride instructor said I could offer a thumbs down if we wanted to get off, but my one arm was around Collin and the other was holding on, and I was afraid to let go. Something needs to be done about this ride, whether new or more restraints added, or something a tad safer put in its place. My kids walked away from this not very happy. My kids LOVE go karts and are very happy in general when we do things like this, but I think they felt very uneasy. I don't think I feel safe about returning to Go Karts Plus.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Younger ride attendants, some were helpful. Clean attraction. Geared mainly towards young children to pre-teen age. Family friendly. Pricey in terms of tickets required for rides. Gas ran go karts so fairly slow during rides. Went with friends and their younger child. He had a blast and that's what counts, despite the price.