“Exciting!”

Go-Karts Plus
Ranked #5 of 20 Fun & Games in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Williamsburg's Premier Family Entrrtainment Center featuring 4 exciting go-kart tracks, Gold Rush miniature golf, bumper cars, blaster boats, the DISK'O' thrill ride, kiddieland, video arcade, Water Wars, a free toddler play area, snack bar and more! Free admission and Parking. Simply pay for what you ride.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed November 21, 2012

For a little amusment park it was awesome! The people there are so nice! The owner was out walking around and shook my hand! My daughter had a blast and she is 4! She talks about going back! It was a great evening so glad we stopped by. From the rides to the arcade plus mini golf! Who could ask for more!

All reviews
"nascar"
"safety"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We like to go karting quite a bit now that my kids are in double digits. This place looked like fun because it advertised 4 tracks among other attractions. First, its rather expensive, each ride takes tickets which, depending on the package you buy, run between $1 -1.50 each and the good rides like the Karts require 5 tickets. (Check of AAA and military discounts - i believe that will get you 5 free tickets). Second, there are indeed 4 tracks but two of them are for younger kids. They are just small ovals and the carts are painfully slow. The figure 8 and the stock car tracks are much better but then the height restriction comes into play. Gotta be 58 inches tall for the figure 8, and 60 inches for the stock car. My wife is only 61 inches tall so she almost couldn't ride. My son, who is 10, was bored by the small tracks but he's only 56 inches tall so he couldn't drive on the big tracks. I would understand if the carts were fast, but they aren't compared to other tracks I've been too. We've gone to Adventure Landing in Raliegh, the carts are faster and the track is longer and my son can drive there. My son settled for riding as a passenger on the two seaters with me (that only costs 1 ticket). Not saying we didn't have fun, but it wasn't as fun as it should have been, it costs alot for a family if you want to do more that a couple rides. BTW, we also tried the bumper boats. They barely move at all. I could have paddled faster with my hands. Next time I'd perfer to spend more time at on of the other main attractions like Colonial Williamsburg or Busch Gardens and leave this off the list.

2  Thank Allan G
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Read a bunch of reviews and was surprised to see some frustration. When you arrive, there is a very clear group of signs at the ticket counter. Not to be rude, but read them. They outline the required height to drive alone or if you need a taller driver and shorter kids can ride along. There is also an extensive list for the number of tickets for each ride. They have an option for a pass from 11-4pm for $30 each and it's a great deal, the per ticket can quickly get expensive depending on your plans for the day. Keep in mind no refunds for rain. Parking is free.

We went on a Friday and the park was not crowded. We had very few lines and easily got on everything very quickly. The teenagers working the park were polite, did a good job making sure everyone was strapped in and safe. We would have liked a little more speed but considering the diverse crowd certainly understood the limits. The mini-golf was a nice change of pace, recently re-done and challenging enough to keep things exciting.

Prices in the concession were reasonable, even a large soda was less than $3. For the middle of summer in touristy Williamsburg is was afordable.

Overall, if you are expecting some speed demon kind of extreme park this is not the place, head to Kings Dominion. We found it a nice way to spend the day with family.

We will certainly return.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We took 10 and 13 year olds, both of which had a good time. Some of the equipment is old, but the riders seem to enjoy. The park is packed everynight and caters to small groups.