“Evening Well Spent!!”

Haunted Dinner Theater
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Catch a haunted mystery dinner show in Salem Massachusetts. Enjoy an all you can eat buffet. We're family friendly, fun, and interactive! As the Haunted Dinner Theater Show returns for its 13th season, we invite you to join us for our newly revised show "Shipwrecked!" playing at the historic Hawthorne Hotel or the famous Finz Restaurant in Salem this fall!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Alexandria, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Evening Well Spent!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I decided to try this while vactioning in Williamsburg with my teen daughters. I wanted us to experience something different. I found some brochures advertising the show and decided to try it. I thought that the price of $48.00 was rather high, but a show plus the buffet, I figured why not?? It costs about that to feed 1 teen let alone 2! Anyway, I was NOT disappointed! Captain George's Buffet where the show is held had an AMAZING selection of food and plenty of it! The restaurant was clean and the staff friendly. As for the show, the cast was hilarious! They engaged the entire audience from begining to end by encouraging us to participate, walking around the crowd, and visiting each table. Anyone who has teens knows it can be difficult to entertain them, but even they loved the show. We all left full and happy. Definitely worth every penny!!

7 Thank leelevon

Lunenburg, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fabulous Food and Fun”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've been to lots of dinner theaters - and this one is tops!

The actors are talented and the food is fabulous. Add into that special effects and magic, makes for fun for the whole family! There is lots to do in Williamsburg, but my humble opinion is this stop is a must. The beauty of this attraction is you get to keep the fun happening with your family while you enjoy an amazing buffet of seafood and more.

I'd definitely give it two thumbs up... but know if I had three thumbs they'd get the third one too.

4 Thank TylerHayden
Altavista, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very expensive but worth it”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our family of six (parents and 4 children ages 10-19) had a great time. The food on the buffet was amazing. The lines were a little long at times, but they moved quick enough. My wife doesn't eat seafood and so the choices for her were somewhat limited, but what they had was good. Since I love seafood my biggest problem was to many choices.
A previous review mentioned the servers not being worth the built in gratuity. I understand where they are coming from, but in the setting I'm not sure they could do much more. I did find myself waiting longer than I wanted to have plates cleared and my drink refilled, but more staff would have made an already full room too full for comfort.
The show was fun. It wasn't Broadway, but it wasn't community theater either. I wouldn't have minded if the show was longer, but I got my money's worth.

6 Thank WAGLynchStation
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice activity filler”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

My 7 yr old loved this she was so excited. The food from buffet was ok. I felt a little rushed because they kept saying show was going to start and rused up back from buffet. the people at our table we a lttile antisocial, we were a party of 2 so we really had to chat with others. The place could use a facelift. It was worth money because of variou buffet options. Not suitable for children under 5. it gets dark and loud at times and show could be over their head!

3 Thank Corinne216
Lansford, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cheesy but fun”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I took my 2 grandsons (11 & 9 yrs) to this tonight. The food was good with a good selection of mostly seafood. The "haunted" mystery was really cheesy, but they enjoyed it. The only problem I had was that they include the tip and the servers were really not worth 18%. We got our own food so all they had to do was serve drinks (a pitcher of 2 sodas refilled 1 time for a table of 12) and remove plates ( they did that at the end of the performance). Otherwise, we had a good time with the people at our table. Would I go again? Probably not for the price but only because we aren't big seafood lovers.

Visited July 2012