“Large Portions & Menu, A Bit Expensive, Tasty”

Colonial Pancake House
Ranked #32 of 436 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Family owned and operated business that serves homemade breakfast and lunch to tourists and locals for the past 21years. Daily lunch specials, weekend breakfast specials and gluten free options available.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My first visit led me to order a cheese omelette along with hash brown potatoes and toast. The portion was large, heavy on egg and more modest on cheese. The menu was extensive. The space is large, clean and bright. Service is okay. Food was tasty, although the potatoes were a bit bland. Omelette could have used more cheese. They did offer several kinds of cheese.

It’s easy to get in to plentiful parking and easy to get out.

Management was visible and friendly.

I did find it difficult to find anything less than $8. I found that a bit expensive but I’m a little old fashioned.

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

The aromatic smells when you walk in the door, confirms you are in the right place. The service is better than best and the food is out in minutes. The breakfast is the best I ever had. Will return soon. Highly recommend as you will be happy you came!!

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

As we were leaving Williamsburg we decided to stop at Colonial Pancake and were pleasantly surprised on the quick service and great food.

We were seated quick, served quick, the food was great as well.

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Friendly and knowledgeable wait staff, fast service and most importantly, great food! There is a separate GF menu, plus a pot of hot coffee at your table. We’ll be back.

Reviewed February 10, 2019

I've seen this restaurant before in my travels to Williamsburg, but never stopped. Decided to try it before heading home. It was a Sunday morning about 10:00 and the place was hopping! Looked like a regular stop for the Sunday morning church crowd, which is always a sign of good food! I didn't have to wait--they sat me immediately. They have a nice selection of omelets, eggs, pancakes, waffles, and combos. The food was good, the restaurant clean, and the waitress excellent! She took really good care of me, and checked in on me a couple of times. I found this breakfast stop friendly, with good food and great service. Will definitely stop again.

Date of visit: February 2019