5,443 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolmagic questlife guardsindoor waterparkdunkin donutsloose moosemagiquest gameropes coursegrizzly bear suitebunk bedsgreat family funfamily suitebowling alleyolder kidskids lovelazy river
Reviewed October 20, 2009

If you are looking for a getaway that the whole family will enjoy, the great Wolf Lodge is an excellent choice. With each night stay you get admission to the water park for the day you check in and the day you check out. There are dressing rooms and showers, so you can stay even after you have checked out of your room. We stayed here during the winter, and it was so wonderful to enjoy the warm water for a change. There is a kids area that is appropriate for any age, but also has small slides for slightly older babies and toddlers. There is a wave pool, slides, and a lazy river.

The room we stayed in was great. There were 2 double beds, and a pull out couch. The pull out couch was on the other side of a divider wall. If I remember correctly there were very tall ceilings in the room. This half wall allowed us to have an area for sleeping and an area for TV. There are a lot of activities in the hotel itself. There is a game that can be played throughout the hotel, story time, and a kids activity/craft room.

This is a great deal, especially since you get the water park tickets included.

Bonus- close to Williamsburg Prime Outlets and Historic Colonial Williamsburg

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
cfranklingw2005, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2009

I could not have said it better myself. Thank you for sharing your experience at Great Wolf Lodge- Williamsburg, VA. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our waterpark is 84 degrees 365 day a year. Weatherproof fun is a guarantee! From the suite you describe I can tell that you stayed in one of our family suites. On your next visit, I would encourage you to stay in the Royal Bear suite. Details can be found on our website. Thank you for choosing Great Wolf Loge. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Tom Neely

Reviewed October 19, 2009

After reading some of the reviews I was a tad unsure of what we may find but we were all well pleased. We arrived my son was the first to arrive and checked us in without a problem at all. The room was clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. Noise was no problem at all either. Our group was a variety of ages 1-47 and all had a really good time.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Well, let me begin to say this was my very first visit and we were not disappointed. We arrived at the resort at 2pm on Friday - there was no line and no wait to get in the room. Everything was ready and we were on our way! Our stay was from Friday to Sunday for 2 adults and 2 children - both aged 7. We purchase a couple of extra's.... paw passes, splash package, and wolf wake-up breakfast package. The paw pass was very worth it at $59.99 per child. It comes with build a bear stuffed animal, shirt-bag-or pillowcase that the kids decorate in cub club, 32 tokens to the arcade, magiquest game, magiquest wand, access to the teen clubcalled GR8 Space for the entire stay (music, video games, computers, organized activities), and lastly - 10% off for every purchase in the lodge and from the restaurant in the parking lot called Jungle Jims. Did not really need the splash package and DEFINATELY NOT THE WAKE UP WOLF BREAKFAST. Let me just say that we only attempted to eat at the lodge once for the breakfast and that was a horrific experience. Went up at 9:45am for breakfast and felt lucky because it was only 20% occuppied, so we were THINKING there would be no wait. My mouth dropped when they told us it would be a 55 minute wait. I was trying to make sense of this considering there was no freakin body in there. Long story short - the hostess was rude and the food manager was a joke. After conplaining to several parties in management - we were seated within 15 minutes. If I didn't have that package - I would of been long gone. The breakfast was not even worth it. All I can say is CRACKER BARREL .... here we come! Anyway - that was the only bad part of the weekend experience at the lodge. We had a ball! We totally had a good time playing magiquest with the kids (once we figured it out). The waterpark was very fun and nice and warm. The spa looked very nice but I did not have any services done. With 2 little boys - it was not workable into the schedule. The arcade was a very good size and had some pretty good games; couldn't complain there. The GR8 Space club was awesome. The kids loved it - they played XBOX360 while dancing in there seats. While they played the game system, we (the adults) were busy on the computers checking our emails while also dancing in our seats. They have plasmas all around the walls with a huge screen in the middle that shows videos. They also had a little bar that served smoothies and chips/candy. We stayed in a family fireplace room with balcony. The rooms were clean and spacious that I can't complain, my only suggestion is......... ask that you are not all the way on the end of the building. It was a really lllllllllllllllllong walk.

All in all, we had a great time and will definately return.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelGuru1
Reviewed October 16, 2009

This was one of the best vacations ever! There was so much to do for not just the kids but for adults, also. I can't wait to go back !

Reviewed October 14, 2009

The kids love the water park and the lifeguards are great. But, it's downhill from there - we waited 1 1/2 hrs from check-in to receiving our room key. Given that the water park is only open 7 hours during an overnight stay, that 1 1/2 hrs is costly. Our room smelled weird, the carpet was wet and a dehumidifier was running constantly and loudly, two lights were burned out, and the bed was rock hard. As others noted, the food is mediocre and overpriced. It's just not worth the cost - you'll have a much better and more comfortable time at Kingsmill.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family