“Great Stay with Great Wolf Williamsburg.........”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Maryland
“Great Stay with Great Wolf Williamsburg.........”
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Well, let me begin to say this was my very first visit and we were not disappointed. We arrived at the resort at 2pm on Friday - there was no line and no wait to get in the room. Everything was ready and we were on our way! Our stay was from Friday to Sunday for 2 adults and 2 children - both aged 7. We purchase a couple of extra's.... paw passes, splash package, and wolf wake-up breakfast package. The paw pass was very worth it at $59.99 per child. It comes with build a bear stuffed animal, shirt-bag-or pillowcase that the kids decorate in cub club, 32 tokens to the arcade, magiquest game, magiquest wand, access to the teen clubcalled GR8 Space for the entire stay (music, video games, computers, organized activities), and lastly - 10% off for every purchase in the lodge and from the restaurant in the parking lot called Jungle Jims. Did not really need the splash package and DEFINATELY NOT THE WAKE UP WOLF BREAKFAST. Let me just say that we only attempted to eat at the lodge once for the breakfast and that was a horrific experience. Went up at 9:45am for breakfast and felt lucky because it was only 20% occuppied, so we were THINKING there would be no wait. My mouth dropped when they told us it would be a 55 minute wait. I was trying to make sense of this considering there was no freakin body in there. Long story short - the hostess was rude and the food manager was a joke. After conplaining to several parties in management - we were seated within 15 minutes. If I didn't have that package - I would of been long gone. The breakfast was not even worth it. All I can say is CRACKER BARREL .... here we come! Anyway - that was the only bad part of the weekend experience at the lodge. We had a ball! We totally had a good time playing magiquest with the kids (once we figured it out). The waterpark was very fun and nice and warm. The spa looked very nice but I did not have any services done. With 2 little boys - it was not workable into the schedule. The arcade was a very good size and had some pretty good games; couldn't complain there. The GR8 Space club was awesome. The kids loved it - they played XBOX360 while dancing in there seats. While they played the game system, we (the adults) were busy on the computers checking our emails while also dancing in our seats. They have plasmas all around the walls with a huge screen in the middle that shows videos. They also had a little bar that served smoothies and chips/candy. We stayed in a family fireplace room with balcony. The rooms were clean and spacious that I can't complain, my only suggestion is......... ask that you are not all the way on the end of the building. It was a really lllllllllllllllllong walk.

All in all, we had a great time and will definately return.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelGuru1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chesapeake,Virginia
Reviewed October 16, 2009

This was one of the best vacations ever! There was so much to do for not just the kids but for adults, also. I can't wait to go back !

Stayed September 2009
va
Reviewed October 14, 2009

The kids love the water park and the lifeguards are great. But, it's downhill from there - we waited 1 1/2 hrs from check-in to receiving our room key. Given that the water park is only open 7 hours during an overnight stay, that 1 1/2 hrs is costly. Our room smelled weird, the carpet was wet and a dehumidifier was running constantly and loudly, two lights were burned out, and the bed was rock hard. As others noted, the food is mediocre and overpriced. It's just not worth the cost - you'll have a much better and more comfortable time at Kingsmill.

North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My wife and two kids stayed at the lodge from Sat-Tue. I found the rooms and all the facilities to be clean and well kept. The food wasn't great, but not bad. The staff was very courteous and kid friendly. There were a couple of times where I thought the lifeguard staff should have stepped in to enforce park rules, but they were clearly more focused on ensuring the safety of swimmers and I can't fault them for that. The park was full on Sunday and early Monday (Columbus Day), but never felt really crowded. Being able to access the park at 1pm on day of check-in was great. By Tuesday morning we had done everything we wanted to do and were ready to go home.

nebraska
Reviewed October 13, 2009

one night is enough, the kids can swim and play enough on the preceding and following day to get tired and be ready to go home, but still want to go back again later.

Virginia
Reviewed October 12, 2009

After reading many reviews, I was a bit hesitant to go here, but I want to say that everything - from the start to the finish - was perfect. Our check-in was easy breezy and we had to go back to the front desk several times and never had more than a 5-minute wait. Our room - the fireplace room - was perfect for the 4 of us and could have easily slept 2 more. Lots of space, clean and nice. Fridge, microwave, coffee, and other normal hotel amenities. Everything was very clean. Nice high ceilings made the room seem very spacious. Loved the arm tags that we could enter rooms without keys, pay for food and get in and out of the building with ease.

The water park itself was smaller than we imagined, but well run. Lifeguards were outstanding. The staff gracious and helpful. This was a wonderful trip for my children and me. Absolutely perfect.

1 Thank IrishRed2
WV
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I went to Great Wolf with my two small children (4 and 2). We stayed for two nights and had a BLAST! The zero entry pool was a hit with both kids as were the mini water slides. My husband LOVED surfing and I LOVED watching him wipe out! All the water park activities were tons of fun! I loved how we could just walk down and not ever leave the hotel! It was so easy!

Our room was simple and CLEAN which is a MUST when you have two small kids that like to touch everything!! :)

The food was okay. Personally, I would reccomend eating dinner in Williamsburg. There are some fantastic resturants near by.

We had a blast at Great Wolf Lodge and I cannot wait to go again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family