Well, let me begin to say this was my very first visit and we were not disappointed. We arrived at the resort at 2pm on Friday - there was no line and no wait to get in the room. Everything was ready and we were on our way! Our stay was from Friday to Sunday for 2 adults and 2 children - both aged 7. We purchase a couple of extra's.... paw passes, splash package, and wolf wake-up breakfast package. The paw pass was very worth it at $59.99 per child. It comes with build a bear stuffed animal, shirt-bag-or pillowcase that the kids decorate in cub club, 32 tokens to the arcade, magiquest game, magiquest wand, access to the teen clubcalled GR8 Space for the entire stay (music, video games, computers, organized activities), and lastly - 10% off for every purchase in the lodge and from the restaurant in the parking lot called Jungle Jims. Did not really need the splash package and DEFINATELY NOT THE WAKE UP WOLF BREAKFAST. Let me just say that we only attempted to eat at the lodge once for the breakfast and that was a horrific experience. Went up at 9:45am for breakfast and felt lucky because it was only 20% occuppied, so we were THINKING there would be no wait. My mouth dropped when they told us it would be a 55 minute wait. I was trying to make sense of this considering there was no freakin body in there. Long story short - the hostess was rude and the food manager was a joke. After conplaining to several parties in management - we were seated within 15 minutes. If I didn't have that package - I would of been long gone. The breakfast was not even worth it. All I can say is CRACKER BARREL .... here we come! Anyway - that was the only bad part of the weekend experience at the lodge. We had a ball! We totally had a good time playing magiquest with the kids (once we figured it out). The waterpark was very fun and nice and warm. The spa looked very nice but I did not have any services done. With 2 little boys - it was not workable into the schedule. The arcade was a very good size and had some pretty good games; couldn't complain there. The GR8 Space club was awesome. The kids loved it - they played XBOX360 while dancing in there seats. While they played the game system, we (the adults) were busy on the computers checking our emails while also dancing in our seats. They have plasmas all around the walls with a huge screen in the middle that shows videos. They also had a little bar that served smoothies and chips/candy. We stayed in a family fireplace room with balcony. The rooms were clean and spacious that I can't complain, my only suggestion is......... ask that you are not all the way on the end of the building. It was a really lllllllllllllllllong walk.
All in all, we had a great time and will definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are home to Virginia’s premier 79,000 square foot indoor entertainment area featuring our water park, bear track landing. The indoor water park features a 4-story, 12 level tree fort with 1000 gallons of water and dumps down every few minutes. The water park also features a gigantic indoor wave pool, eight water slides, including 3 tube slides, three kiddie slides and two body slides. In addition we have a zero-depth entry children’s pool, indoor pool, two oversized hot tubs, an endless lazy river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Williamsburg
- Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg Va
- Great Wolf Resort