We went to GWL last summer and had a great time, so we went again and took guests from home. This is spring break, so the discounts were not as good. Paid close to $500 for one night in a loft suite for 6 people.
The water park itself was ok. The kids enjoyed it and I guess that's what's important. There seemed to be an issue top to bottom with keeping the location clean this time. We arrived around 5 and went straight to the water park. There were plenty of empty tables and chairs, but everywhere you looked, there was trash and/or half eaten food. Now, yes, the guests should have cleaned up after themselves, but they didn't so we sat with pizza on the ground near our table and those around us for 3 1/2 hours without anyone ever cleaning up anything. This should have been an omen of things to come.
Our room was spacious. That is probably the best thing I can say about it. For $500, I expect a super clean room.
The shower and floor in the downstairs bathroom still had hair from the previous guests as did the sink upstairs. There was 1/2 of a drink that didn't belong to us still in the refrigerator when we arrived as well. The kicker though came at 11pm when I started to bed and realized there were - TOENAIL CLIPPINGS - from the previous guest on the floor by my bed upstairs!!!
Now, it was 11pm and the 4 kids downstairs were sleeping, so I wasn't gonna call housekeeping to come vacuum, but I nearly threw up! Hair and someone else's nail clippings are 2 things that seriously gross me out! My sweet fiancé sent me downstairs while he took care of it so we could go to sleep, but that alone was enough for me not to go back again.
The rest of the room simply seemed neglected. The light cord on the light by my bed was not properly screwed into the base of the lamp - it was hanging down. There was loose screw dangling from the show faucet. The shower has a very slow drain....just little thinks that should be taken care of by maintenance on a regular basis.
Overall, I just wasn't impressed on this trip - and the nail clipping thing alone lets me know they don't vacuum....just gross. I definitely wouldn't ever pay that kind of money for a room that disgusting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are home to Virginia’s premier 79,000 square foot indoor entertainment area featuring our water park, bear track landing. The indoor water park features a 4-story, 12 level tree fort with 1000 gallons of water and dumps down every few minutes. The water park also features a gigantic indoor wave pool, eight water slides, including 3 tube slides, three kiddie slides and two body slides. In addition we have a zero-depth entry children’s pool, indoor pool, two oversized hot tubs, an endless lazy river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Williamsburg
- Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg Va
- Great Wolf Resort