5,443 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolmagic questlife guardsindoor waterparkdunkin donutsloose moosemagiquest gameropes coursegrizzly bear suitebunk bedsgreat family funfamily suitebowling alleyolder kidskids lovelazy river
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Overall we feel this was a great experience. Our 7yo daughter loved it so much she didn't want to leave. Truly magical for her. We stayed In a king suite with a special $159 rate that included a $50 voucher which we used for the buffet dinner. Water park was lots of fun. We also had fun bowling and at the arcade. Our room was good, bed was very comfortable. Bathroom had some old towels in it though. Room was very spacious with high ceilings. Very functional and comfortable. Great location for larger families who need a break from the historical tours. We thought the price was reasonable for all the amenities.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank HouseofLucy
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The idea of the hotel is very interesting, because is possible to enjoy a water park indoors, even in the winter. They have more attractions besides this, the problem is, those attractions, as magiquest, or even the huge arcade room they have are expensive. I went there with 3 kids and their mother and they closed the park one hour before, without warning. We arrived there hoping to take the kids there for at least one hour, and the park was already closed (they gave us free breakfast because of that, but still annoying), forcing us to take the kids to play games and spend more money. They had fun, but wasn't the expected.
The room was big (one double bed and sofabed in the main area and a bunk bed plus single bed in the kids area) and comfortable (not so much the sofabed). One bathroom and a sink in the entrance hall.
If I could change something, I'd take the carpet out of the public areas. Pool + water + carpet everywhere don't match!!
The breakfast at the restaurant is very diverse and tasteful. I loved it!
They have also a Dunkin Donuts store right by the reception desk, which is a great option for breakfast.
As I said, they have extra games in the mainstreet and stores for everybody (still very expensive).
The water park in fun and wasn't so crowded, for a Friday, but probably gets full in the weekends. It's better for older kids (after 6 yo), because they can go in all the rides.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessleandro
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We won't be coming back to GWL. I decided to book a short trip for the 3 of us (wife plus 6 year old boy) and was surprised to see how expensive it was. However, it did include the waterpark so we splashed out - excuse the pun - on 2 nights. Arrival was carnage. Not enough people manning the desk and it remained this way until the early evening after we came out of the pool around 7pm. The place is just shabby and tired. Rooms are themed to be (sort of) woodland but that simply masks the fact that the place is in need of a makeover. Peeling wallpaper, furniture that's beaten up and beds that need new matresses (I know, it's a 'kids' resort but don't charge $300+ per room then). And my goodness, the walls are paper thin! I felt at one point that all the people in the rooms above, below and to the side were coming through the walls when they were probably just walking around. We bought the food voucher to have breakfast each day in the restaurant. It was very poor quality. French toast and pancakes that had been cooked for so long they were solid; likewise the sausage patties. It was just really low quality and the coffee - ughhh! No wonder there was such a line at Dunkin'. The water park was fine (no more than I expected - it was the main feature after all) and I liked the convenience of being able to link my wristband to my credit card but even with a modest amount of purchases (snacks, food, arcade etc) we ended up spending over $1000 total for 2 nights. Never again!

Room Tip: Ask to stay as far away as possible from the check in desk and on the top floor. This will limit the noise in between rooms and also stop you from having hundreds of children walking backwards and forwards past your room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Adrian O
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Williamsburg! We greatly appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests and I will share this information with our team in Williamsburg.

During peak times we see higher volume and this can lead to increases in the time it takes to check-in, but our Guest Services team works tirelessly to provide exceptional guest service to each and every guest that comes to the desk. Our veteran guests have found it better to arrive anywhere from 1:00pm to 2:00pm to avoid the busier times of day, such as 4:00pm to 7:00pm when most guests are arriving for the night.

Another tip we often give is to have just one person standing in line to check-in and the rest of the family begin enjoying the various activities and amenities we offer. This helps keep the length of the line to a minimum and makes it much easier for guests to check-in.

I hope this information will help you if you choose to visit us again.

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was our second trip to GWL. We live about 45 minutes away and wanted a break from the yucky weather, this was the perfect place for a short trip. We booked a family suite that had two queen beds. The room was spacious and clean. During our last trip our room was really musty but we didn't have that problem this trip...maybe it's the time of year/humidity issue? The kids had a blast at the water park. We ordered pizza from Hungry like a Wolf and it was very good. A large cheese pizza is $11.99 so not a bad price compared to some of the other options within the resort. Drinks are very expensive! We had a cooler in our room with water/soda/milk. We also ate breakfast at the Loose Moose and although it is very pricey it was good, plenty of options! My toddler was pleased that they had chicken tenders for breakfast! They have also added a Dunkin Donuts which was perfect for grabbing a small sweet treat for the kids! My only complaint, if you want to call it that, is we had friends staying at the resort and requested rooms near each other. We were told at check in we were 5 rooms apart in the same wing, but that wasn't true. Our friends ended up being on the opposite side of the resort! So I'm not sure if she just didn't realize they weren't in the same wing or what but it was a little disappointing. Regardless we had a great trip and the kids had a blast!

2  Thank Beachgirl025
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Knowing ahead of time to take advantage of the water park at 1p the day you arrive is helpful. (Don't expect to get into your room at this time, but if you do it's a perk.). The waterpark is fun. The lifeguards are very professional and apt. The bathrooms get gross, but the staff seemed to monitor them often.

If this place is always busy, which it sounds like it is, there really should be more than 3 workers to check you in. I couldn't do online check in because but I sure hope to be able to next time!

I do appreciate the stools in the bathrooms and the kid friendly atmosphere. I just think the hotel itself is lucky the waterpark is so great. The hotel itself wouldn't do well without it.

Stayed: March 2014