“It was a good time, but not quite what I expected for the $$$”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“It was a good time, but not quite what I expected for the $$$”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My family and I decided to check out Great Wolf Lodge for one night this past weekend. We decided on the Kids Camp room because of the privacy. The room set up was cool, and worked out well. The kids loved the bunk beds and their own personal cabin We have a 3 and 5 yr old. The concept of the indoor water park was very cool, however I feel that for the stay, and all the extras things can add up very quickly. Our room ran about 400, and it does include water park tickets. What we did not know was that to participate in the Magic Quest scavanger hunt, you have to pay for a wand, and it's activation. Which runs about 25 each. And if you want to add accessories to your wand, it's more. We also didn't like the fact that everything closed kinda early. For 400 dollars on the weekend, I'd like the things to stay open atleast until midnight. The water park was nice, and the kids liked it. Although, we won't be coming back anytime soon, but we can say we experienced it and had a pretty good time.

Room Tip: Long hallways, so choose a room closest to the elevators
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank letternumberfive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have been to the GWL in Williamsburg, VA about 10 times. We just love going here for a mid-week break. We always go mid-week when the rates are cheaper.

The rooms are always clean and well kept. The beds are super comfy. My only complaint this visit was there were no real coffee cups in the room, like on previous visits. We have very restrictive diets so the fridge and microwave make it very handy for fixing our own meals.

The water park is always a big hit. There is something for everyone. My 9 year old like the floating pads and the tree house, my 13 year old likes all the tubes rides, my 17 year old love the surf machine, and I love the hot tub.

In the evenings the two youngest kids play Magic Quest.

I can't review the arcade or Bear Club or any of the food places. I did look at the menu at the snack bar at the water park but they don't have much of anything that we could eat.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Checked in oct 3, that evening I had to be moved to another room because of BED BUGS. Was given money to launder my clothes but the machines were out of order. Went to eat breakfast at 10:30am and restaurants were closed. Advertise 5 restaurants, 1 is dunkin donuts. Bar closes at 9pm. If I weren't here for a business meeting I would have left.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Daw1843
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2013

All four of us love water parks so the opportunity to go here in the off season during the week was a no-brainer. We had a blast in the water park! The room was extremely clean, as was everything else in the resort. The bed was wonderful! The MagicQuest game is pricey but the kids had a ball with it. We will be back.

PA
Reviewed September 22, 2013

As a previous reviewer wrote, "if it were my children reviewing, the place would get a 5+". Now, the reason for my review......I had been wanting to take my family to the Great Wolf Lodge for a couple of years, but it never worked out for quite a few reasons. Our stay started on a Thurs eve, and ended Sun morn. The check-in was uneventful, and my first impression of our room was just as I expected. It was clean and roomy. Overall the stay was everything that a kid would want, with plenty of activities to keep them busy. My children were in heaven. I have to admit that the breakfast buffet at the lodge was not very exciting. I think the quality of the food could have been better. We never ate lunch or dinner there, as we were constantly on the go. The indoor water park was phenomenal, with the kids never wanting to leave. The staff were friendly during all my contacts with them. I wish the activities, to include the water park would stay open later. Because of the food, the closing times of the some of the activities, and high cost of different things, I give my stay a 4, instead of a 5. Overall, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that if you get a room on the 1st floor, as we did, it can get loud as kids upstairs mi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, OH
Reviewed September 21, 2013

It is hard to pick a rating because as an adult, I'd give it 3 stars. The rugs had stains and rips, there were dents in walls and doors, duvet covers were torn, the balcony hadn't been swept (as in there were cookie crumbs all over it), there wasn't a clock in the living area or second bedroom, there wasn't a luggage rack, any kind of drink was $2.75 and up .... And I searched the food places for anything healthy and only came up with a $6 yogurt parfait and $4 fruit cup (which had hard fruit anyway).

That being said, if I let me child review it, it would be 5 stars. Of course a child doesn't notice all those things I did. The only thing a kid sees is the funwater park, the masive amount of tickets when hitting the jackpot in the arcade, the huge room to run around in, and the short bowling ally even a little kid was able to find success on.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This waterpark resort is fantastic for kids and adults alike. It was a perfect place for our friends recent 7 year old birthday party where all of the kids could play and the parents could play too. Our kids had a fantastic time and there was things to do for the 20 month old and the 7 year old and for all of us together. We loved our Fireplace Suite- lots of room- enough for a pack and play not even to get in the way at all, high ceilings, comfortable beds and pillows and a fridge, microwave and sink. we had a first floor patio which allowed all of the parents to get together after the kids went to sleep in one spot and the hotel made sure to put us all together even though we had different room types. We actually reserved under the regular family suite but submitted the request to upgrade to the fireplace suite if available on check in. This would have been more than $50 bucks to regularly reserve but only cost $18 in advance. Was worth it as we did use the fireplace.
The waterpark is well maintained, safe and well guarded. We also liked the option to stay at the water park even after you check out. We stayed a couple of extra hours. It is like getting two days for the price of one.
We ate dinner at the restaurant and it was OK. Buffet dinner with choices for everyone. This trip is about the kids and not the culinary excellence so the adults sucked it up. They do serve alcohol. There are activities all the time and our kids favorites were the story time and the movie theater with 3D and moving seats. Pretty cool. The movie was extra and there are a lot of extra fee for play activiites available. If your kids like the water you wont need any of them and they, and you will sleep like a rock.
We will be back again next year.

1 Thank Brian20176