Great Wolf Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge Pottery(Williamsburg)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Williamsburg)
Clarion Hotel(Williamsburg)
Motel 6 Williamsburg(Williamsburg)
  • Pool
5,016 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolmagic questlife guardsindoor waterparkdunkin donutsropes courseloose moosemagiquest gamegrizzly bear suitegreat family funbunk bedspizza hutfamily suiteolder kidsbowling alleykids love
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We just returned from 1 night at GWL with our 4 yo and 11 month old. Overall the trip was ok but it left a lot to be desired.

Customer service: The waitstaff were ok, but housekeeping and front desk were horrible. There was a line at check in. I noticed guests were walking up to what appeared to be available associates as they were not calling for the next guest. I proceeded to do the same and had a hand thrown up at me along with "not yet...I'm not ready." We asked for a pack and play, it was dropped off while we were out...but not set up. Really? Additionally, while on our way to check out with stroller and luggage in tow, there were several housekeeping carts in the way. We were asked by housekeeping if we were trying to get through, we responded yes but don't know if the stroller will fit through. We were told it will fit...without the employee even attempting to help until we were unsuccessful. Finally, while lugging everything to the car...2 employees watched me struggle for 2 mins before opening the door. For this kind of money, I expect a lot better!

Food: Gross....and I'm not a picky eater. Tried calling Jungle Jim's for delivery but we were on hold for about 10 minutes so we gave up.

Room: The size was nice...2 queen beds downstairs w/ a 3rd in the loft area. The beds have to be 80 years old. Our backs are killing us...the worst sleep ever!! It had a kitchenette but overall needs updating.

Waterpark: Fun...but small. We enjoyed it...beware it is heavily chlorinated.

Overall, we were there roughly 23 hours and spent 3 hours at the waterpark on the first day and 1 hour on the second day before ckecking out. It was more than enough for our family.

I asked my hubby to rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 he says 5 if you are a kid...0 if you are an adult. We'll give it 2.5.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank M A
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our family of 5 just returned from Great Wolf and all of us, 2 preschoolers, one teen and mom and dad had a blast. We arrived early and even after the hotel was fully booked the previous night, we were able to get into our room around noon. We got the Kids Klub room which held 2 bunk beds that all three kids loved (yes even the 15yo, even if he didn't want to admit it!) Their little section was decorated just like a camp room, had had a small flat screen mounted on the wall. Our room was on the first floor which was great for us, as water park, arcade and cub club were only steps away. There was no issue of noise at night or hearing our neighbors.
The remainder of the room was clean and made us feel like we were really in a mountain lodge. One tip from coworkers was to bring plenty of snacks, fruit and drinks. We did just that, to include oatmeal and cereal for the kids and beverages for the adults. Our minifridge was well stocked, saving a ton by avoiding the overpriced food. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The cub club staff members were engaging and did a great job of getting the kids involved. The water park area and changing rooms were very clean and well attended. Everyone was sad to leave, so even after checkout we made the best of it and did as many of the "dry" activities as possible. We will be back again for sure!

Room Tip: Buy a paw pass, only if you're organized enough to make sure you get all the inclusions. Don't bother packing lots of clothes. Swim suits and coverups are appropriate in all areas, all year round!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

It was so perfect, it was snowing outside, we were in the cozy lodge, riding the waves and slides, looking at the snow outside of the window! Picture perfect time!
I live about an hour from Williamsburg. We said for years we were going to the Great Wolf Lodge to take the kids. It was always a bit pricey I thought, so we never went, until I went to a conference there, and took the kids with us.
OH MY GOODNESS!!! We have been missing out!
We travel a lot (9-10 trips per year), and this place was an amazing "inside resort".
From the time we pulled into the parking lot, until the time we left, we were all delighted. (Yes, even my teenager and preteen.)
When we pulled in, it lived up to the "lodge" name. Some hotels just look like that on the outside and in the lobby, then you get into a corridor and the ambiance disappears. Nope! Even the rooms kept some of the lodge feel.
The staff were great. Very helpful. Friendly. Accommodating.
Food was good. Better than I expected.
The water park was a blast! Loved it all! The Flow Rider was fun! Yes, even older moderately active and/or heavy people can do it successfully! Don't be afraid.
The lifeguard was amazing...he could do tricks like crazy on that thing! Barrel roles, flips, surfing, forwards, backwards, sideways....awesome! He taught my son several moves, and yes this was the highlight of the trip for my teenager. Within a few hours, my son was doing barrel roles etc!
We really had a super fantastic time.
You never have to leave the building!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Clemsun
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I brought our two girls, almost 1 and almost 3. All four of us had a blast! The room was a great size, clean, quiet overall. We got the kid kamp suite with bunk beds and a "tent." Our older daughter was over the moon in love with it. All of the attractions were great and reasonably priced. The food and gift shop were pricy but no more than I expected, it's a resort! Of course things will be expensive. I loved the healthy options; large, fresh salads in the park and pizza shop, lots of fresh fruit, egg white omelettes with fresh veggies in the breakfast buffet. We went to the wal mart nearby for groceries so we didn't have to eat out every meal, that saved some money. My favorite part was the Starbucks in the sweet shop!! And last but not least, every single employee we encountered was so nice and attentive! Even just passing one in the hallway they would make eye contact and say hello.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank MrsCochran
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great time. "Brandon" in the water park was great with my kids. I made sure we told the lifeguard management b/c my kids wanted them to know how great in particular he was with them. That meant alot to me that my kids wanted to make sure someone is recognized for doign a great job. He seemed to really care about my kids fun, safety and settling nerves on some of the slides. Speeaking of lifeguards. They all were thorough and I felt safe! I felt my kids were safe if they were not in my sight.
The room we stayed in needed a little work- paint chipping,etc. Room was clean and fine. Tv out of date- could be updated. Over all great experience. Larger pool towels would be nice but overall great experience. Hotel room included water park. Buffet was expensive. Would have eaten their more if had been cheaper- think they would get more guests using if made cheaper. Washer and dryer nice to ahve but was only on one end of building. would be nice to have one on each wing. Says don't leave stuff unattended but had to bc no chair provided. I left unattended and it was fine. Enjoyed our stay!

3  Thank Natalie S