Great Wolf Lodge
Average 3/5
Econo Lodge Pottery(Williamsburg)
Average 3/5
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Williamsburg)
Good 3.5/5
Clarion Hotel(Williamsburg)
Good 3.5/5
Motel 6 Williamsburg(Williamsburg)
  • Pool
5,020 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolmagic questlife guardsindoor waterparkdunkin donutsropes courseloose moosemagiquest gamegrizzly bear suitegreat family funbunk bedspizza hutfamily suiteolder kidsbowling alleykids love
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was recently a guest at the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, Virginia for two nights. I wanted to call to your attention some problems with the room. First of all the price is absolutely robbery. We were in a family suite. It is nothing more than a regular hotel room with themed decor. I paid 219. per night for two nights and inquired how much a third night would have cost (459 dollars for one additional night). For 184.98 two adults can go to an outdoor water park not one day but every day during the swim season and have a basic hotel room across the street for one night. Why would someone pay the amount to come to Great Wolf. There are very few activities there for adults. Also instead of having modern flat sreen tv's our room had an old style tube TV. The lighting in the bathroom was absolutely awful as well as the water pressure in the sink. The lighting in the room in general was not good. The carpet was stained up. Also wanted to let you know that on the hotel channel it lists your Williamsburg Virginia location as Williamsburg PA.
As far as the water park portion of the lodge, the Crooked Creek's currents are so slow it has almost no current. Kids had to self propel in the ride to move around. There was hardly anyone on that attraction because of this. Secondly the lifeguards are doing some kind of back and forth pacing on the sides where their attention is more on their own movements than scanning for swimmers in distress. I wouldn't want anyone I know to have that job based on that. It is absolutely awful and defeats the purpose of their position. They should be scanning with their head and eyes not moving back and forth on the side of the pool. The movements are actually sickening to those in the pools etc. if you watch them. In general the stay was disappointing for the cost.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Betty C
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love the Great Wolf Lodge. My family has been there twice. For adventorous people the rides are a lot of fun. For people who just like hanging out, the pools are fairly relaxing. It is a lot of kids so I would only recommend it to families with kids. For those who like electronics or adventure, the MagiQuest is actually a lot of fun!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily W
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed one night at this resort as part of a multi-state trip with our two granddaughters (12 y/o). There was plenty do do at the water park, fun slides, pools, and water spouts. This kept them thoroughly entertained for the afternoon, then they said they were done. I will say the room we had was hugh and clean. We did have one stray beetle visit, but that could happen anywhere. There is only one place to eat within the resort and, at night, it was buffet style. The G-girls liked it and my wife and I had plenty to choose from. Overall though, I thought this was an expensive stay and can't imagine staying several nights.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Not as spiffy as you would of expected given the rate per night for a room. Indoor water park is loads of fun for the kids. Could use some upgrades, seems a bit dated. Food, go elsewhere. There is a sweets/ice cream store just outside the indoor water park entrance that was full of gnats just flying over the food. Disgusting! Customer service was lacking. Front desk forgot to provide us with our free food voucher upon check in. Look for a deal vice paying the nightly rate.

1  Thank BizTravlerJunky
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our family had a great time at the water park. We stayed in a regular room. The rooms are nothing to write home about. It was clean and worked for us. We were there one night.

The thing I liked is that they let you use the water park the entire day that you check out. They have an area that you can shower in. Worked out great for us.

We stayed in room 2078 which was close to everything. It was close to the lobby, a stairway that led to the water park and downstairs activities.

The water park has something for everyone. They have slides you can do as family, one rider or two rider slides. A wave pool, a baby/small child area, a lazy river, water basketball, hot tubs and this thing that you ride a body board in gushing water (can't recall what they called it but, it was a lot of fun). I am in my 40s and had a really good time. Felt like a child again;-)

We didn't eat at GW. We ran up the road to the Walmart (that has a McDonalds in it) and grabbed breakfast.

When we checked out we ate at Jungle Jim's (in the Great Wolf parking lot). The food and service was really good. If you go, try the caramel apple chimi for dessert (or dinner for that matter). You won't regret it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family