$135
$119
$109
Hampton.com
$130
Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
HIExpress.com
Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$127
$114
GardenInn.com
$168
$134
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$129
$129
$110
Travelocity
5,337 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolmagic questlife guardsindoor waterparkdunkin donutsloose moosemagiquest gameropes coursegrizzly bear suitebunk bedsgreat family funfamily suitebowling alleyolder kidskids lovelazy river
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We loved our room. We had two queen sized beds and a separate area with a sofa bed and coffee table. We also had a small table with two chairs. The counters are large, the sink is outside the bathroom...nice touch. The bathroom is small but good enough. For the price we paid, the TV is a large old television... not a flat screen...therefore the in-room games were a little on the lame side.

The only thing included in your stay is the water park. There is SO much to do, but everything and I mean everything is extra. We paid $5.00 a person for a really cool bowling game...but it only lasted for ten minutes or so. It's worth a try either way. We paid $13.00 for two people to play miniature golf. The teen room is about $5.00 a head. I think that is for just being there, not sure. I don't know whether the games are free inside... our Grandson is not a teenager yet.

The game room downstairs is really nice...lots of cool games. Naturally they cost money. Most video games do...no matter where you go.

The buffet at the Loose Moose is very expensive!! There are so many restaurants around... Walmart is only five minutes away. You have a frig and microwave in the room. There is also IHOP really close by, and other places to eat. After all, you are very near the colonial section and all their places to eat.

Pizza Hut in the lodge is take out only... pricey but not too bad. They also sell sandwiches.

All in all, we had a great time and would definitely return. They really could add one or two things to be included in the price... our opinion only.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby. The walk is time consuming. LOL
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Vznevada
GWL_Management, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed the stay, and even happier to hear that you will be back in the future.

As for the issue of price, you will find that we are comparable to similar types of resorts and waterparks. While all amenities are not included in the price, we usually hear that guests find the resort to be a good value in terms of family vacations.

For future trips, you might consider taking part in one of the monthly deals on our website. We also offer our ePack where you will receive regular updates and limited time offers. Our meal packages and deals are also very popular.

Hope you and your family will join us again soon.

Best Wishes,
Curtis Brown

Reviewed August 31, 2011

we just stayed one night cause we broke up our ride to NC.
the rooms are adorable and really big. the waterpark is just a paradise for kids!!!
There is also this thing called magic quest where kids can walk through the hotel and go an a quest. they have a lot of fun!!! all in all a wonderful place to stay for the whole family!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank steffi239
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We had never been to Great Wolf Lodge (GWL) and I'd like to help steer people away if I could. As Disney passholders, we normally go to Florida 10 times a year. Williamsburg is only 70 miles away - and we've been to alll sorts of attractions but never GWL. I read before we went how similar this was to a Disney resort - all I can say is - those people must have had terrible experiences at Disney! First, the hotel. We stayed in in KidsKamp suite. The suite has a bunkbed but is not as big as a 'Country Inn and Suites KidsSuite' (which has a desk area for the kids and some 'room' in the room). This plaster tent area has about 30 inches from the bed to the wall. There is little space inside the kids area to actually 'play'. The rest of the room is sad. The furniture has a rustic feel that must have been nice at one point but the stain is all warped from previous wet bathing suits and just looks nasty. There is a mini fridge and microwave - small coffee pot. The bathroom is VERY small. Toilet and bathtub with no room to move. Sink is outside, as if it would like to be a wet bar area. No shelves inside the bathtub to place soap, shampoo. Smells bad and musty. Room had a humidifier running the entire time. Small balcony overlooked parking lot. 32" old time television (big fat one - not the flat screen they show online). Hallways played music. Now, staff - absolutely nothing special from check in to check out and everything in between. Almost rude. Nothing special for it being a child's birthday unless you paid over $129. Kinda sad (again). Hotel was dirty. Halls were lined with old wet towels (keeping it smelling awful) - and pizza boxes. These were left there all day/night until the cleaning crew came the next day (they only work from 9-5). I can't believe people pay THAT much money to stay there. I got a $159 deal and I feel like I was robbed. As an annual passholder with Disney, we had a rate of $119 at Animal Kingdom Lodge last year for my daughter's birthday. It was only because of illness that we didn't go to Disney this year. We do Disney EVERY year for her birthday. And it is always magical. I wish we would have gone this year, too! Now, the 'waterpark' and I use the term loosely. Perhaps I was just expecting more because I read all these great reviews. But they do not have a lot to do. It is small. You walk in and see it - and that's it! There is no more exploring to find the rest of it (which we did thinking there had to be more). There are two slides in the 'fort' area. The fort isn't even very big by the way. There is a wave pool that is half the size of my neighborhood pool. The lazy river is so dank - ewww. It is green in color. If you're used to a lazy river - this isn't it. It doesn't go the perimeter of my house! And, kids are mostly swimming through it. No one stays on the inner tubes. Worse, as I was sitting there (very limited tables as everyone has staked out their spot with one towel or piece of clothing), some little girl about four had to pee. The dad brought her to the stairs of the lazy river. Who is lazy there? Ewww. And to think I was IN that water. Worse, all the people I overheard were talking about how they peed going on the tornado. On the ride. Yes. These are the type of people who were there when we were (August 29-30, 2011). There is also a kiddie pool area that is cooler than the rest of watered areas. But you know kids are peeing there too. There is a small netting/tree trunk spot where the kids walk over the plastic tree trunks holding onto the net. Small - very small. Oh. And a blue slide that ends in the lazy river. And a surf area that is about 15 feet across - and about six feet down. That's it. I wish someone would have told me. And the smell! Stagnent water. Walking on the stone floor grossed me out. Lockers are $10 then a $10 deposit. Vending machines do not take cash. When you check in - they want your credit card and then everything you purchase is through your wristband. You need your wristband to go in the waterpark. But at 5am when you want a cold water, if you have not activated your wristband with your credit card - you don't get water. The machines will not take money. Not a good thing. I cannot tell you enough. Please don't waste your money. I don't know how many people were there but lines were horrible. And it was so dirty. Poxy in my husband's words. It was just so nasty. Everything was so overpriced outside of the pool as well. $19.99 for the buffet and $9.99 for the kids for dinner. I'm used to Disney pricing. But I expect Disney for Disney pricing - this is not even a shadow. Normally, when we go to Williamsburg - we go to Captain George's and spend $30 for a buffet ($15 for kids) so I'm not against high prices as long as you get what you pay for. Down at the sweet shop, I did enjoy the chocolate covered strawberries. I got two berries, two chocolate pretzels, one cupcake, one candy apple - for $15. I don't think that was bad. Breakfast was $14.99 adults and $7.99 kids but they close at 11am. The many (all) kids running around with the wands makes your own kids want wands ($29 for a wand and a game). But the parents tagging along behind were carrying beer - and just ick'd me out. This isn't even Disney as a Value resort. This is just horrid. I just feel so bad for wasting money there myself - that I don't want anyone else too, either!

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the center of the hotel as possible to avoid MagicQuest kids/adults til 11pm
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
20  Thank Lori F

I apologize that your experience with Great Wolf Lodge was not a positive one. We pride ourselves on providing a fun vacation spot for the whole family and I am sorry that this was not the case for yours.

I do appreciate the feedback, good or bad it can help us improve our services for future guests.

I appreciate your candid feedback and will share with my staff so that we can better operate our resort for future guests.

Kind Regards,
Curtis Brown

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We booked a family suite, which includes 2 queen beds and a pullout couch, microwave, fridge. The bed was very comfortable with ample pillows. The bathroom is a tad tight on space. The bathroom sink is outside of the bathroom which has the advantage of allowing people to brush their teeth while another is showering. We requested a room that was away from the elevator, away from magiquest stations and boy did we get what we asked for. We got a room at the furthest end of the lodge. This lodge is really spread out...huge!!! It was a bit of a trek to get to the lobby, waterpark, exercise room.

My kids (age 13 & 16) enjoyed it but we all agreed they would have gotten more out of the visit if they were around 9-11 yrs old. They were too old for the simpler water slides, but I suspect 9-11 yr olds would spend more time in the water park. We also participated in Magicquest, which my 13 yr old didn't enjoy. It takes quite a bit of time to complete the game. The kids were only able to complete one quest so they didn't even start compassquest.

It was a nice experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank TAFanToronto
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is a great place to come on a quick short vacation with your family (especially in the winter). Indoor waterpark is fun and the MagiQuest game keeps the kids entertained as they run around the hotel with their wands trying to complete the quest (think Harry Potter for muggles). Hotel has several great activities for kids each day as well.

Only disappointment is the food -- pretty much stuck with eating pizza and fast food the entire time unless you venture out. But overall a great experience -- we keep returning over and over because it's a great time.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family