“Still good after many years”

Yorkshire Steak & Seafood
Ranked #97 of 396 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I first ate at the Yorkshire many years ago with my family, and I also ate there 18 years ago on my honeymoon. Although I was in Williamsburg in 2007 and 2011, I didn't eat there then, but I decided to check it out this time to see whether it had changed over the years.

We went on a Sunday night, and just entering the restaurant was kind of like stepping into a time warp, as I don't think the interior had changed much at all since 1995. When we were there in 1995, we had a booth along the wall near the back; this time we had the first booth along the wall in the front. As was the case in the past, there was not a big crowd there so it was a very peaceful place to eat.

As is the case with the decor, the food quality has not changed in the past 18 years. My wife had a filet, which was the special of the day, while I had the seafood platter. My wife's filet was cooked the way she had ordered, and was very tasty (it was too big for her, so I ate part of it). She had asked them to butterfly it before cooking, which they didn't do, but it still came out okay. My seafood platter was also very good, and had quite a bit of food. In fact, we had so much to eat that we had no room for dessert.

The one rub about the Yorkshire is that it is on the pricey side for some items. My wife's filet was just over $30, which I thought was expensive, but my seafood platter was around $22, which I did not think was too bad. Before we went to the Yorkshire, we had looked for coupoons in all of the Williamsburg magazines, maps, and flyers, and the only coupon we found was a 10% off coupon in "The Original Williamsburg Magazine". That did relieve some of the cost of the dinner, and I would recommend to others that they see what coupons are available when they visit Williamsburg.

1  Thank GoPenguins

Reviewed September 2, 2013

It took me a long time to pick out a place to take my family to eat while in Williamsburg VA.
Service is so important and i would say we had excellant service! It was nice quiet atmosphere!
It is not the nicest looking inregards to furnishings but it is very clean! Crisp white lines
White napkins and hot small rolls and butter. I had two ! Homemade soup was also nice!
Garden salad tomatoes were tasty! Servers were super nice and made us feel welcome
The food was served nice and hot vegetables were cooked perfect and fresh! My filet mignon was also cooked perfect! Would def recommend

1  Thank Abewilly
Reviewed August 11, 2013

An enjoyable experience. We had two waitresses waiting on us. We didn't have to wait for a thing. The food was perfect - I had the prime rib. The prices were very good, portions large.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We decided to head to the Outer Banks, NC this year for the Family Vacation. The kids twisted my arm to stop at Bush Gardens since it was on the way. So in a Big Eyed, kicking and screaming convincing fashion we spend the day/night in good old Williamsburg, VA. We stopped at our favorite restaurant, The Yorkshire, in Williamsburg and as always never disappointed. Kids had the Chicken Fingers and wife and I had the Surf and Turf. AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!!!! It's hard to find a good home cooked meal when your far from home and your wife has given up cooking while away on vaca, it's like she's on strike. The Yorkshire has never let us down. Always fresh and always good. We will defiantly be back to visit.

1  Thank dinner-to-go
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were referred to The Yorkshire by a local resident. What's wrong with people who frequent chain restaurants when they can have a great meal such as the one we had today, Excellent prime rib. Great service.