“Not what it use to be - not even close”

Regency Room at The Williamsburg Inn
Ranked #66 of 395 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We went to the Christmas morning breakfast buffet on 12/25/2011. This was my third time attending, and my in-laws 34th. The food and service at this event has changed just since I’ve attended. The selection of food on the buffet was not even as good as what’s available at Shoney’s! There were only about seven hot items (eggs, bacon, oatmeal, pancakes, potatoes, sausage, can’t remember the last item).

Service has changed as well. When we were seated, there were no spoons on the table. Our waiter brought coffee, and we asked for spoons, but he never brought them. I had to go over to the serving line and get spoons for everyone. I was seen by the room manager who did not say a word to me. When our waiter showed up again, he did not apologize for forgetting the spoons – didn’t even say a word about it. Our waiter would disappear for long periods that left us with lots of dirty dishes on our table.

Later on Christmas day, my wife and I both got very ill. We are pretty sure the potatoes did us in. It was the one item we ate that no one else in our party did. I have lodged a complaint with the VDH about this.

It was not worth the money and I think this year was the last year we will go the Inn for Christmas!!

3  Thank 1967foodie

Reviewed December 24, 2011

We went here for our 40th anniversary dinner. They did a great job, friendly, helpful staff, gave us a great table. Food was excellent.Very friendly, took time to talk to us when we had questions.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Beautiful place, decor, outside landscaping. Regency room is open generally for dinner - worth the price for food and service. Good for special occasions. For just a drink, check out the small lobby bar. We go several times a year. The ambiance is old Virginia and transcends you back in time.........

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Had a wonderful dinner this past Saturday. When reviewing the bill we found a 20% gratuity added for a table of 4 and remember no mention of this on the menu. Unless one is very careful in reviewing the bill one is likely to add another gratuity on top of this what for us would have been over $100. Have never seen this added for a table of four. Read your bill carefully!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

We thought the food was excellent - the scallops were very good. The service was better than average. Our waitress forgot to bring a few things, but was VERY nice and we felt very comfortable with her, so it was easy to overlook some of the issues. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for elegance at a decent price.