“Love this place!”

Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Aromas is a coffeehouse and fresh cafe serving up breakfast, lunch & dinner entrees. We also serve up fresh baked goods, snacks & spiked coffees, too! We have plenty of vegetarian & vegan options, a children's menu & share-able foundues and smores. We also sell whole pies and cakes, cater events & sell our in house roasted coffee beans in bulk.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great coffee, and the food here is top notch. Great service, and nice atmosphere as well - in a good location!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I know others like Aromas. It might be a quiet place in the morning to pick up a high end coffee or latte, but for lunch it is just awful. My food was between terrible and ordinary; my husband's wasn't much better either despite its cost. The noise level is close to deafening and the service isn't great (you get a number, wait til it's called if you can hear, then walk through a crowd to pick it up). I don't think we'll be going back -- ever.

Geri P, Owner at Aromas Specialty Coffees & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

I am very sorry that we were unaware that you were displeased with your order, as we are known for an extensive menu and would have been happy to fix or exchange any item that is not delicious. This past week was one of the busiest in our history, coupled with new student employees, however, we are really disappointed that our typical fun atmosphere did not come across. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity, and I have sent a private message to encourage you to do so.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

very popular for breakfast and lunch and deservedly so. quirky personality and some unexpected menu items.

don't come between 10-2 on popular weekends unless you can stand in line. They keep it moving, but it gets crowded.

Hi, Too err rist...THanks for your review....I am glad that you have enjoyed Aromas and our great food.....Since you mentioned that we are a regular stop for you, I wanted to be sure that you were aware that we added a back patio to help alleviate the crowd on home football days or holidays.
Please be sure to try our dinners, too......many folks are unaware of our after 5 o'clock dinner entrees......Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

decent wrap but very small. chicken soup was listed as "new Orleans" but somebody has apparently never been there. it was weak chicken juice w some corn thrown in. awful. (8.99) coffee, which is suppose to be the best in town, was just ordinary coffee. it's a college hang out (the kids are respectful) and they all seem to know what to do. you serve yourself. it's a hodge-podge of activity, maybe you can find a menu, or maybe you can't, tables are dirty. it's off DOG street, but not worthy of the walk. try somewhere else where it's less busy and the food is better.

Geri P, Owner at Aromas Specialty Coffees & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hello...and thanks for your feedback. Although it is not what we hoped for, it is important for us to hear of all of our guest's experiences. Unfortunately, your first visit took place on Family Weekend at the College of William and Mary, and we are the first to recognize that it is a chaotic and crowded experience. That being said, still, we try to provide a fun atmosphere, with pleasant staff in a very small space. I am particularly disappointed that the wrap size and soup quality wasn't to your liking, as we generally get very positive feedback on both the value and taste of our menu items.. I am also not sure why you were charged $8.99 for the soup....that price is for the complete Lunch special which includes a full sandwich and a bowl of soup!
I hope that you will stop in again and experience Aromas when the crowd is not as huge, and please let us know immediately if your order is not terrific, and we will be happy to exchange it for something else.....

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Before my husband and I began our tour of Colonial Williamsburg we asked about a good place for breakfast and were directed to Aromas which was just a short walk away. What great advice!

I had the french toast which was very tasty. My husband had the Huevo Rancheros Scramble. What are Scrambles? Think omelet - only the eggs are scrambled. Their coffee is fantastic.

They serve lunch and dinner as well. We will be visiting there again tomorrow!