“A wonderful retreat to nature but close to everything!”

Wyndham Governor's Green
Ranked #24 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersGold level
“A wonderful retreat to nature but close to everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful property. Spacious rooms. We had a walk out unit 2 bedroom near lighted tennis course and 2 ponds. Our spring trip had ducks and Canadian geese in the ponds. Safe beautiful greens space for my sons Easter egg hunt and soccer practice. Pools were nice but not 25 yd lap pools....yet lines in the pool made me think they were. Mini golf was under renovation but the staff offered a busier kings gate property which was kind and appreciated. Full stocked kitchen and laundry .... great family vacation!!! Will recommend to family and friends!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ellwod

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We rolled up to Governor's Green at 8 p.m. at night after a long and exhausting day at Busch Gardens with our 8 and 5 year old boys and Nana. The check-in process was painless, and they explained that there was an indoor pool, billiards, a playground and more. She then pointed me to the concierge to get my parking pass. The concierge (what they call their timeshare salesperson) did a very low-key pitch stating that we could come to a free breakfast on Sunday or Monday (no golf cart ride or anything) and they would give us $70. She also gave us a few coupon books to use at area restaurants and shops. It was possible that we would have done that, but she didn't pressure us to sign anywhere or give any commitment. In the end we didn't have the time, and all we received was one phone call asking if we were going. When we said no, there was no pressure. I appreciated that.
To the property itself - we were in a 3 bedroom unit - Rm 1825 for which we paid under $200. It was spacious with a dining room table, a flat screen television in the LR area, and a television in the boys' room (2 queen beds). Nana had separate K BR with the jacuzzi tub and separate standing shower. We took the third room next to the boys - with a king size bed. The bed was very soft, but I slept well and had no complaints. The little touches (i.e. towels folded in the shape of hearts etc.) were cute. And everything was exceptionally clean. We had a lovely view onto the pond outside - which was even lovelier when we had a late March snow later that weekend. The water pressure for the shower was fine, but I would have liked a more modern showerhead. We were on the second floor, so we did occasionally here the elephants clomping across the floor overhead. Not enough to wake anyone, but definitely noticeable. Also, there is an elevator to get you up to the second floor with all your stuff. We did not lack hot water. And the boys seriously enjoyed Nana's jacuzzi tub. The kitchen was a full kitchen that was fully stocked with dish ware. I would highly recommend this unit for a family looking to cut down on costs by not eating out every night. Plenty of space to spread out. Check out was a breeze. My only regret is that we did not have time to check out any of the amenities. It was also about a 10 minute drive from Busch Gardens and 5 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg Visitors Center.

Room Tip: Try for a top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jenn1A
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were in town for my sibling's wedding, it was four adults and two children (tween/teen). We stayed in a 3bdrm, 2 bath end unit.
The good: The decor was updated and upscale; granite in the kitchen and baths, jetted tub in master, white 400+ thread count sheets and down comforters. Absorbent, adequately sized towels. The unit was extremely clean upon arrival, which is the key to making me happy when I travel.The grounds were very clean and well maintained. The clubhouse/activity center is more where the WDW comparison takes place. It was thematically decorated, with a computer room that also housed a big screen tv, a billiard room, an activity room that checked out games, equip, etc., an exercise room, and an indoor pool. The men played pool while the ladies shopped on Saturday. There is also a putting green and a mini-golf on site, but we did not partake due to wedding activities plus the weather. The outdoor pool was spacious, and I think there was a second one on site as well.The kitchen was fully stocked, even down to dish and dishwasher soap. The bathroom toiletries were "green" and smelled wonderful. The closets were adequate with wooden hangars, it was nice to have working dressers and nightstands. Oh, and having a gate guard there even as late as midnight was an especially nice touch.
The kids used the indoor pool and loved it. My mom, my husband, teen girl, and I used the exercise room which had great equipment and plenty of space. Its central location was great.
The bad: First, we almost missed the entrance as the signage is way off the road and the spotlight was out on one of the signs. The walls are VERY THIN. We heard every noise coming from next door. For some reason the cleaning crew was apparently hanging out there on Saturday and would let the door bang close every time they came in and out. My dad asked them to be aware of this but it did not improve. The ice maker was broken and the fridge/dw were small and older; when we had our "how's your stay going" call from the front desk we mentioned the icemaker but no follow-up occurred. The elevator buttons were wonky, but at least the elevator worked. The tv's in two side bedrooms were old school tube tv's, with as cheap as flat screens can be nowadays this made no sense. The master bath was overly large, there was certainly enough space to add a small 3rd bath to the center bedroom versus sharing a hall one. And finally, the screen on the slider was off track, but that is not unusual.
Overall this was a very nice place to stay, especially for its cost. I'm not sure I'd stay here during the height of the tourist season due to the possible noise, but it is certainly worth it during the quieter months.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristin R
orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently spent one full week at Governer's Green and really loved it. The check in staff were very friendly. The check in process was quick and efficient. The grounds were well kept, and large. The pool tables are nice, especially in the winter when outside amenities are not available. The inside pool area is average. The 3 bedroom unit we stayed in was wonderful!! Loved, loved the two huge bathrooms. The master bedroom jetted tub was spacious. Each unit has a nice sized porch. There is a safe in the master. The closets are abundant. Most comfortable beds of anyplace we have ever stayed. Units do not have a fireplace though...a little disappointing. One thing we really noticed is, all the staff were very friendly...always smiling and waving when passing. A nice touch. We have stayed at every timeshare in Williamsburg. This one is our favorite.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank vanurse
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I just returned from a weekend stay here. We are Wyndham owners and have previously booked rooms at the other Williamsburg Wyndham resorts for other family members and they have said that this resort is the best Wyndham resort in Williamsburg. The location is convenient to all the attractions: Great Wolf Lodge, Water Country, Busch Gardens, the Prime outlets. We had a 3 bedroom unit and a 4 bedroom unit (2 - 2 bedrooms). The furnishings were nice, not too outdated, and the rooms were clean and spacious. We didn't have time to take advantage of the indoor pool but that is a great amenity to have if you go in the winter time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HuniBuni930
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We recently spent the weekend in the 1 bedroom deluxe and it was fabulous!!! Big, open, CLEAN, and very comfy! The unit had a stocked kitchen and HUGE bathroom. My daughter swam/played in the jacuzzi as soon as we arrived! We had a blast swimming in the indoor pool while it snowed! The next day, workers had salted/cleared all the sidewalks. We had an amazing stay and my daughter's already asking when our next stay is!!!
**Only 2-3 miles from the outlets and LOTS of restaurants!!!**

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank beachyteachy
va beach, va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Governor's Green is in a great location near shopping, restaurants, Busch Gardens, and other attractions. The resort itself offers nice pools but nothing spectacular. It is in a quiet location and the front desk agents are usually friendly. I had my daughter's birthday party here, and my son and his friend had a party here as well and the children all loved it. They were younger well-behaved children ranging from ages 4-9. The kids always have a great time here, so that's good enough for me lol. It would be nice if they offered a game room like Kingsgate because the children like that. They did offer crafts however. I like that it has the whirlpool tub so that was a plus. Beware, I am not sure if the one bedroom units have whirlpool tubs? I know the 2&3 bedrooms have them..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family