“Very roomy and quiet”

GreenLeadersGold level
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Very roomy and quiet”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

If your vacation plans to Wiliamsburg include wanting comfortable accomodations and a quiet environment this is the place. Unlike most Wyndham timeshares this location has minimal activities. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, a pool table room and a miniature golf course.No restaurant. Two bedroom units are large, with full kitchen, two bathrooms, sleeper sofa in living room and a very quiet A/C unit. Easy driving distance to all Williamsburg area activities and restaurants. For those of you who enjoy walking or jogging for exercise this resort has plenty of sidewalks and road surface. Visit the activity room for discount coupons to area activities and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank divearnd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Hillside, New Jersey
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I love this property and the general area. It's a nice place to kick-back and take it easy. Or, optionally, it's a nice jumping-off location for a week of touring Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown and the Mariner's Museum (Newport News, VA)/ home of the civil war era Monitor.

I was fortunate enough to reserve a one bedroom deluxe suite this holiday (roughly 1200 sq. ft.). The unit came with a whirl pool tub, kitchenette, living room and bedroom with ample storage space. Stepping outside, it is an easy walk to the fitness center and the indoor / outdoor pools.

This property might be starting to show it's age. At different points during the week, several of the swimming pools and the outdoor sprinklers were off-line or unavailable. On the plus side, I found that there was enough going on in the area, that I only became aware of some of these problems, when other guests mentioned them.

This Memorial Day weekend, Civil War re-enactors in period costumes, commemorated the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War. For history buffs, 2012 Virginia breaths new life into one of nation's living museums :-).

Room Tip: Anything within easy walking distance of the guest house / recreation center is a good room. The lu...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lutillman
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just came back from our trip to Williamsburgh. We stayed at the Wyndham Governor's Green and were very pleased. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom deluxe suite because they oversold the one bedroom suites. The unit was beautiful. It was immaculately clean and had all of the ammenities of home. The kids loved having their own beds in their own room along with their own bathroom....and we loved that too. It was modern and updated with all new appliances and kitchen utensils. I was worried reading the previous reviews about the staff wanting us to attend a talk about timeshares. We were not asked a single time to attend anything and we were very happy about that. The pool was closed for cleaning one day, so they allowed families to use the "adults only" pool which was very accomodating. It was nice that they had a miniature golf course for the kids to enjoy too. My one minor complaint was that our room keys were de-activated about 8:30 a.m. when check out was at 10:00. We had them reactivate one of the keys and it still did not work. A staff member was nice enough to open our door for us. Other than that little annoyance, the place was perfect and we would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Caicos2000
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This was the 1st time we had stayed at Governors Green, we had the tour of the facility in 2011 and we liked the look of it. Booking in was good and as we had driven for quite a few hours to get there, they did not keep us too long. We had a 1 bedroom deluxe(jacuzzi bath) and it was very spacious. I thought the counter tops in the kitchen could have been better( granite perhaps). The shower had nowhere to put your body wash or handsoap or shampoo while you were showering, I've never seen that any where we've stayed!!. I must mention the sales pitch, we went along truthfully for the $70 Amex Card , our initial rep. Sheila was a very nice young lady, she was very engaging and knowledgeable. We found a big difference in the sales pitch from last year, this time they tried to tell us that RCI (Who Wyndham owns) is not the best organization to be a member of, they tried to get us to move over to wyndham. As I said our rep. Sheila was very nice and after she was finished she brought one of the more experienced reps. over to our table. He was very agressive and would not take no for an answer, we kept telling him over and over we were not interested but he didn't want to know. This is the last time we will go to the "Breakfast meeting" ever again. The $70 gift card was not worth the hassle. As for the Resort we were happy with our unit, building #24 on the second floor, we did not hear anybody above us. If we ever go back to Williamsburg we will go back to Patriots Place.

Room Tip: If you get a unit in Building #24 get one on either the 2nd or 3rd floor. It's also near to the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank edinburgh73
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Well when I give my rating of a four it is because of my overall experience in Williamsburg. We had a total blast going to Busch Gardens as we have for the past 15 years.

Our room was extremely spacious and very clean. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo that we rented through RCI. I was extremely excited to get a 3 bedroom as I have 4 kids and usually someone always ends up sleeping on the sofa. If you can rent a 3 bedroom it is definitely worth it. The kitchen was really my only disappointment. It looked extremely dated, not dirty, just dated. The island was old and the dishwasher was extremely old. The kitchen sink had a slow drip that just became a little annoying. When I think 5 star resort I expect granite and modern appliances but oh well...

Overall I must say it was still a very comfortable room. The resort did not offer very much to do at all. It was very laid back. Like I said earlier our intentions were really to spend majority of our time in Busch Gardens.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids make sure you check out things on the internet to do in the area that...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank winstontribe
Middlefield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

I would give this resort a 4.5 if that were an available option. We stayed in a 2 bath 2 bedroom for a week. Check-in was easy and following the advice of another reviewer I opted out of the free breakfast and gift (aka sales pitch). They did not bother us the remainder of our stay. I also requested a 3rd floir room so didnt experience the noise others complained about (although i do feel bad for the people beliw us!) The rooms were a bit dated but very, very spacious. The kitchen was very well equipped (best I've seen yet) and the beds were quite comfortable. I wished they had provided a laundry basket and I didn't like that the washer and dryer were in the bathroom of bedroom #2 (we traveled with another family and I often felt like I was imposing on their space to do laundry). Water pressure was lacking a bit in the shower but at the end of the day I got clean. We were in a building toward the back of the resort and it was only a five minute walk to the pool area. Nice outdoor pool but too cold for us to go in. I did feel like the resort amenities were lacking a bit. The playscape near the main recreation center was closed all week to repair a fence. The other playscape, mini golf and adult pool required a drive (or very long walk) so we didn't end up there. Also, there are mo grills. Location was perfect. Lots of restaurants in the area, and prime distance to outlets, Busch gardens, Yorktown and Jamestown. The only other comparison I can make is about the balcony--wish it was big enough for a table to play cards at night. Didn't use it as much as i had hoped. But overall a very good stay and I would definately consider staying here again if we ever return to the area.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank colbs714
Hillsdale
Reviewed April 19, 2012

As a Gold VIP Member my family booked 3 - 3 bedroom suits next to each other. Upon arrival Wyndham had given one of the suites to another person (Gold VIP has reservations rights) and tried to book one of the families in a building 5 buildings away from the other two. We finally ended up with two suites in one building and one suite in a building next to it. Additionally there was no VIP check in and we had to wait a long time. Upon complaining to the manager he said he was not present and units did not get cleaned so our reservation was moved. He offered a token gift and refused my counteroffer of what he should do to compensate us for their screw up. He said people were being disciplined for the problem but it sounds like a management problem to me. Units were spacious and well laid out. However they were in need of some new furniture and bathroom grout was missing and the bathroom walls showed water damage. Third and last time at a Wyndham in Williamsburg,

Room Tip: Do not count on Wyndham Governors Green to honor a reservation.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family