“2 bedroom lock off...”

Wyndham Governor's Green
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I travel with my three boys, my hubby and mother. We are in 2 2 bedroom lock off. The master bedroom is big and the bathroom is great. The negative is that the washer and dryer are in that bathroom.

The location is great and the grounds are nice. They have outdoor swimming pool, game room, and small mini golf course.

They call each morning with a list of activities of the day. I would recommend this place for a family.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed a week in a two-bedroom apartment at Governor's Green and loved it. The apartment was spacious and contained all the necessities for comfortable living: high-quality kitchen appliances and utensils, TV and DVD, jacuzzi bath, very comfortable beds and spacious seating areas. The showers could have been better, however: low water pressure and cheap shower-heads were disappointing. However, overall the unit was excellent.

We didn't use too many of the resort's facilities, though there are swimming-pools and other recreation areas on site, and the resort also has a large collection of DVDs to rent. Following other advice here, we avoided the timeshare presentation - and were pleasantly surprised at the lack of pressure to attend. One suggestion when we checked in, and when we said no we were not pushed further, nor did we receive any phone calls about it either.

The staff at the resort couldn't have been friendlier, or more helpful when we had questions, also. Very, very impressed, and we will be back.

The icing on the cake was that the resort was no more than ten minutes' drive from anywhere we wanted to go in Williamsburg, and considerably less than that to some major destinations, including Colonial Williamsburg and the premium outlets. At the same time, it's on a quiet back road and (other than a train a couple of times a day) in a very secluded and peaceful location. Couldn't do better for a restful week's holiday!

Room Tip: Top floor is best - no noise from people walking above you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank CanadaWideTraveller
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Check-in Sat at 4pm. offerred dinner tickets and breakfast. Attended the breakfast and then was treated to a vey rude salesmen after he learned that we had purchased resale. The 2 bedroom unit was outstanding with a view of the pond. We will return to this resort but not to the awful sales presentations.

Room Tip: Skip the gifts and presentation.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TimeshareUser
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Governors Green is a beautiful property, conveniently located (once you figure out the back roads) to all Williamsburg attractions from Busch Gardens to Colonial Williamsburg to outlet shopping. Units are spacious and well-appointed - we stayed in a large one bedroom - and amenities are adequate - a decent indoor pool, gym, etc.

Our major complaint was noise. The buildings, while pleasant-looking, do not appear to be well constructed so that, even though most of the unit is carpeted, even footsteps from the unit above sound like large animals. We received a call a few days before our arrival asking ir we had any special needs or requests (a VERY nice touch if it meant anything) and, being fairly savvy travelers, we asked for a top (third) floor unit so that we would not be subject to noise from above. Instead we were placed in a second floor unit and, at around 10 PM, when we were fully settled in, found that the unit above us was occupied by a family with VERY active children. When we called to complain, the desk clerk offered to send security to quiet our neighbors. We demurred; these were children doing what active children do - jumping up and down and running back and forth- not some raucous party. Even though the property was less than 25% occupied, we were not moved. Fortunately we were out a lot and the noise abated after the kids' bedtimes, which was sometimes quite late.

Room Tip: Insist on a top floor unit, accept nothing less, unless you have active kids in which case a ground...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank FSR99
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I am at Governor's Green on a long weekend rental obtained through friends who are timeshare owners here. (They suggested that this is their favorite Wyndham Williamsburg property, and I can't see that they have steered me wrong.)

The unit I am in is a nice 2 BR 2 Bath that is roomy and very comfortable. The furnishings and fixtures are quite nice, though not quite as nice in my opinion as Sheraton or Marriott timeshare units (no granite or stainless in the kitchen, no massage shower heads, an old tube TV in the second bedroom, and no separate sound system for entertainment). The kitchen supplies are wonderful, though. I have never seen better timeshare unit coffee mugs. I am sorely tempted to take one home with me.

Check-in was a breeze, and the staff is as good as it gets. (I did however ask for a top floor unit, and not get it, so I am unfortunately listening to the footsteps overhead - luckily there are only two relatively quiet people in that unit.) Having seen many internet posts about brusque, really pushy Wyndham sales staff at Wyndham time share resorts, I was concerned the resort staff would be less than the Doctor ordered, but I have been very well served across the board. These folks are proud of this place and it shows.

I even went to the owner update/timeshare sales presentation - as I really wanted to find out their take on Wyndham's VIP program's benefits - and was impressed with that whole operation as well. There were two concierge employees who were actually very helpful about Williamsburg itself, and everyone respected my "no's" when the time came for me to speak them.

As for Williamsburg itself, let me just laud Colonial Williamsburg as a starter. The DeWitt/Rockefeller Museum complex there is incredible - one of the best smaller museums I have ever been to. The great thing is - it was one of the Wyndham concierge staffers who told me to be sure not to miss it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Joe G
Reviewed January 4, 2012

First, my apologies to the people on one side and below us, bldg 24 3rd floor - 4 grandkids can get kind of noisy. We prefer Governors Green to Kingsgate or Patriot Place. The activities they provide are good for both kids and adults, and the amenities (indoor and outdoor pool, fitness room, small spa) are all good too. We were there for Christmas, and while the grandkids wanted snow, we still had a good time. The kids used the indoor pool. We didn't use the mini-golf this time, but have in the past. All the front desk staff were helpful. We didn't hear the train much. The only drawback is the pushy sales people, really not the resort staff. Someone came to our unit within 30 minutes of our checking in, with an 'owner's gift.' A discount card? Really? Supposedly she was checking on the condition of the unit. Well, there were a few things missing, they were never provided, so I don't know who she told. We were pressed to hear about some trust for the kids, so we went. Bad move. All they were trying to do was sell us more points and offer Wyndham right of first refusal. What??? We thought we had already done that. We also mentioned we had banked points with II, and were told we'd made a mistake. By that time not only was hubby upset, I was livid, and it takes a lot to get me angry. We walked out without any kind of gift. Our fault I guess for believing it really would not be a sales pitch this time. We are platinum owners already, why on earth would they think we'd buy any more? We will go back to Governor's Green, but won't go anywhere near their sales house.

Room Tip: As mentioned, there will be less noise if you get a unit on the third floor. And a corner would mea...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank dudettedeb
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I spent three nights in this Wyndham resort. This was not the first time we have visited this Wyndham, probably the third or so. Each time we have been extremely pleased. The units have all been clean, and they are very roomy. All units have been well equipped. There is a nice jacuzzi tub in master bedroom. This Wyndham is secluded on a "back road" that parallels Rt. 60 (one of the main drags in Williamsburg). It is nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of all of the restaurants, yet only minutes away from all of that as well as the historic area town of Williamsburg. This is a perfect little getaway and Williamsburg is a gem of a town to visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple