“Not what I thought it would be”

Sal's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 383 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sal's Ristorante Italiano in Williamsburg, Virginia, is a local Italian restaurant, serving the best in homemade pizza, pasta, and subs. Stop by our family restaurant for lunch or dinner. Our house specialties are pasta and New York style pizza. We have a full menu with many options to choose from, including make-your-own pasta dishes, a children's menu, and delicious desserts.
“Not what I thought it would be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend an I decided to go out to eat and the food just sounded so good. So we went right down the road from our hotel. The place is fairly small and right up against another hotel. Parking kinda sucks how it's positioned. We walked in and the place is really little inside but cozy. The waitress was busy with a big group. We ordered pizza, mozzarella sticks and penne alla vodka. Food wasn't bad. The pizza isn't what I thought it would be and if you're looking for homemade pizza this is the place for you then. The pizza is huge for sure. The bill was very high and was kinda ridiculous in my own opinion. Pizza isn't the best ate cold.

• Visited August 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“2nd visit.. 1st visit was better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was our 2nd time to Sal's.. the atmosphere is the same.. my husband got a meatball sub.. it was very good.. I got the Caesar Salad.. with grilled chicken.. ugh.. lettuce was old, chicken was out of a bag.. croutons hard as a rock.. I should have gotten a sub. our server was evidently upset .. she did not smile, nor did she appear to be interested in making our visit one to remember... until she brought the check.. she cheered up and thank us for coming.. evidently she wanted a big tip.. When we were paying at the register, the gentleman was on the phone.. he made us wait until he finished his conversation then attended to us.. poor business policy on his part.. this is a popular place for the local crowd and does have good Italian food; however, service is not their draw...

Visited August 2013
“Perfect candidate for Kitchen Nightmares.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

A $41 mistake in an otherwise great vacation. Terrible atmosphere, it didn't seem like any of the food was fresh. Horrible pizza (no way it was homemade), horrible meatballs, horrible burger. The fries were ok and that was the highlight. Don't do it!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mindy M
Dayton, Ohio
“NOT Sal's by Victor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We checked TripAdvisor for an Italian restaurant and decided on Sal's by Victor, but ended up here. The names are very similar but the "by Victor" is important! The kids got a sausage pizza which was ok. My husband and I got the Italian salad for two which was uninspired. The veal Marsala was just ok. Overall just a mediocre visit.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LindaFox3
Michigan
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice family place. We had the pizza, the meatlovers was great. It had big pieces of meat and nice amount of cheese. Waiter was very attentive and the owner greeted us and said thank you for choosing his restaurant. I love eating at and supporting family run operations.

Visited July 2013