“Good food, very atmospheric, a bit pricey.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of King's Arms Tavern Dining-Colonial Williamsburg

King's Arms Tavern Dining-Colonial Williamsburg
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Arms Tavern Dining-Colonial Williamsburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 381 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Lunch: 11:30am-2:30pm; Dinner beginning at 5pm; CLOSED Tuesday & Wednesday
Central Ohio
“Good food, very atmospheric, a bit pricey.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The King's Arms was a very enjoyable experience. A very interesting menu, served in a beautiful setting. The period setting, attire of the staff, and reliance on candlelight were all very atmospheric and a great deal of fun. The prices seemed a bit high, but you pay for both the food and the atmosphere. I'd recommend it as part of your visit to Colonial Williamsburg. Reservations highly recommended, especially on the weekend.

Visited September 2012

new jersey
“Dont order the fatty Prime rib”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Setting is very nice, romantic, candle light. The reason they do the candle light is so you can not see how much FAT is on the prime rib. Mine was more than half, every bite I had to spit out, not good. So I asked my server to please bring it back to the kitchen and have them look at it and cut out the fat for me, figuring any good resturant would have seen how bad the cut was and gave me another one. When I got it back it was half the size and still had fat thru it. I then proceeded to tell the greeter at the door about my fatty Prime rib, and her reply was that they buy it in bulk and thats how it comes in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out later that my friend saw the waiter cutting my meat, and that he never brought it back to the kitchen as I asked.How gross that the server was handling my meal. I was still hungry after my meal. What I did get to eat was tasty, the gravy nice, and the popover light and airy. The veggies were good. My friends meals were wonderful, The chicken was tasty, the porkchop tender with a sweet sauce.
They all ordered dessert, I did not because at that point I had given up, and was not enticed by anything. When they were all done with their dessert, we were waiting around for the check and the waiter than asked if they could make it up to me with a dessert! At that point I was so annoyed we paid the check and left. The prime rib was $33.75 and not worth it. They say in the ad they treat you like a king, but the prime rib was for the dogs!
The music was nice, wish they had more.

By the way we went to have a drink, snack in the afternoon, and waited about 10 minutes and no one ever seated us so we left.
Have eaten at other Williamsburg historic places and this one by far is not up to standards.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Strasburg, Pennsylvania
“Isn't what it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

My daughter and her friend had lunch at the tavern as we have in years past. The food was average and even the ambience was average. It just isn't what it used to be and it's way too expensive.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank masttrim
Califon, New Jersey
“Go for the experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

While the experience of eating in a retored tavern by candle light is worth the trip, the menu has become limited and exensive for a family. Be sure to get reservations for busy times.

New Jersey
“Yummy Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had lunch here during Labor Day weekend. It was one of the first times we had lunch in a tavern as we usually do dinner. It was a nice change of pace. Food was delicious and will definitely go back.