“One of the better meals during our visit”

Cracker Barrel Old Country
Ranked #41 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2007

We visited for breakfast one morning and they were on top of their game that morning. Cracker Barrel is always good, but this visit reminded me of just how good it can be and why we need to visit more. The breakfast was much better than one we had later in the week at a local pancake house. My wife left so impressed with her blueberry pancakes she knew that if she ordered them anywhere else that week it was going to be disappointing. If you are a chain snob, you are missing out, because this ranked as one of our top meals of the week and we visited several local joints of all types.

Reviewed September 18, 2007

I don't understand why chain restaurants sometimes get a bad rap. You know what to expect. You are familiar with what the food should be like. There are usually no surprises. And the price is reasonable. This Cracker Barrel was no exception to that and actually I would say that it was way better than most. Our first waitress waited on us and took our order and then her shift was over and the new waitress came over and waited on us without missing a beat. I was impressed by that. And the food was delicious. Good, hearty, stick to your ribs food. Not that fancy gourmet stuff that makes you hungry again about two hours later! The small wait that we did have was quickened by the fact that you could browse the gift shop. Way better than the just standing there waiting. It made the time go by so much faster. Good value and Good food. Hurray for chain restaurants!

2  Thank fawn3620
Reviewed April 25, 2007

This is just another Cracker Barrel with its standard starchy fare.

It's not worth waiting a half hour on a busy morning for breakfast, or during the evening for dinner. I've just never understood the allure that attracts so many to these places.

On our last visit, service was slow, sloooowwww. Other patrons were miffed as well. This is fine for being on the road, but once settled into the vacation destination, going to a national chain should be the last place with so many good locally owned pancake houses in Williamsburg.

Reviewed October 8, 2006

Cracker Barrell always has good food at a good price!

Reviewed February 21, 2006

I am not a big CB fan, but I was happy with this restaurant. Give it a try.

1  Thank Virginislanddreams