“Great American Food”

Second Street Bistro
Ranked #8 of 411 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Second Street is a Casual Upscale Restaurant marked by a menu full of unique and delicious culinary twists, stunning decor throughout, a comfortable atmosphere, and a fresh upscale vibe unmatched in Williamsburg." Our large menu features local seafood, chicken and steak entrees, handmade burgers, unique Italian dishes, overstuffed sandwiches, kid friendly foods, munchies, fresh soups and salads, extensive wine list, and a relaxed separate bar area for socializing.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were recommended the Second Street Bistro by our host at the Fox & Grape Bed and Breakfast and it was excellent. The restaurant is large but that does not effect the service. The servings are generous and the menu is varied and extensive. Our food was perfectly done and well presented. A good wine list as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,273)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Don't heistate to make your way to this restaurant! Great atmosphere, Great food, Great selection, Great service, Great variety! "Brittany" our server was absolutely great; on the ball!
Wine list was very good too. Have no complaints at all.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We dined here our last night on vacation. It was great! We used the call ahead seating and were seated about 15-20 minutes after our arrival. While waiting I bought a glass of wine, a Riesling that was amazing. There were 4 in our party and we all shared the bang shrimp appetizer which was wonderful. I then ordered the seafood risotto that came out before my meal which was really good. For my main entrée I had the romaine salad that was large enough for two. It was actually served warm due to being grilled which added so much more flavoring. The others in my party ordered the lasagna and the meat loaf which a few minutes later they advised us they were out of it so then he ordered the chicken and dumplings. I also ended up ordering a bottle of the Riesling and taking the bottle home with me. For dessert I ordered the chocolate bread pudding which was served with a spoon full of ice cream. The only negative I can say is I think the bread pudding could have used 1 more scoop of ice cream because it would have been perfect! Overall it was an amazing meal the staff was wonderful, we had Brandon as a server and a female in training and both of them were amazing and very nice. Brandon made sure you knew exactly what you were ordering buy making sure you like all the items and flavors in the meal. I would definitely go back again !!!!

1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great place to eat. Everything served is top notch. Room was a bit loud, but food is so good you don't care. So good we made it a point to return before leaving, and weren't disappointed. Ribs are outstanding. Steaks, pork loin - all delicious. Menu is not extensive nor esoteric but we hit 6 exceptional dishes. Wife and I split a rib dinner and barely had room for dessert. Desserts overwhelming. Carrot cake is too big for one but worth finding a partner for. Place even smells like a good restaurant. If you only have one night in Williamsburg, make dinner here. Don't dally - food is fresh and they do run out.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a really nice restaurant with a great atmosphere and very nice servers. Unfortunately there were a few problems that force me to give them a 3 star rating, though I'd probably go back to see if it was just a bad night.

The first problem was with the bus boys. The first one came out with my dinner before they had cleared any of the salad plates. I gathered up the extra plates (with kids you end up with a lot of extra stuff on the table) and piled it up in my hands while he put down my dinner. Then he walked away leaving me holding the plates. When I called out to him he didn't hear or come back.

When a different bus boy (not meant to be diminutive) came out with the rest of the dinner plates, we explained what happened and he took the extra plates I was holding, but none of the others on the table. It was an unfortunate moment, but it tainted our experience.

The food was pretty good, but not great. I had a spicy shrimp and grits. Unfortunately, it was extremely spicy and the grits were not creamy, but in a firm pancake. The spiciness of the dish really needed the creaminess of a cheesy grits to help offset the intensity. The pancake just didn't do it.